night biking!

gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
edited July 2011 in Life
who else does it?
i like to bike around 2 am, its so peaceful late at night. sometimes i go in a group, but usually its just me and i barely ever see any one else out. Cops always stare at me like i'm crazy.

Comments

• FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2011
    I cycled a marathon in the countryside from midnight a few weeks ago. Felt really awesome, but the mist coming off the sea was cold as fuck. Dress warm :)
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't bike anywhere since I crashed my bike, no money to fix it yet. There is a thread in here about it if you want to see pics.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    With all of the recession, cutbacks, and threats of financial doom, cops really aren't looking for stolen bikes anymore. They will just tell the owner to keep an eye on Craigslist and eBay. If the value of the bike is over $400, then they may help to get a grand theft charge ONLY if the owner finds it for sale somewhere.

So go jack a bike today!
  • edited July 2011
    I quite enjoy biking at night as well, although I much prefer going for a walk or sitting somewhere as it's much less strenuous :D I'll bike home from my girlfriend's late at night though sometimes, and it's pretty enjoyable as there are no cars about and I've got the whole open road to mess around on. The sound of your wheels ticking over becomes your best friend :)
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I quite enjoy biking at night as well, although I much prefer going for a walk or sitting somewhere as it's much less strenuous :D I'll bike home from my girlfriend's late at night though sometimes, and it's pretty enjoyable as there are no cars about and I've got the whole open road to mess around on. The sound of your wheels ticking over becomes your best friend :)

I wish I could bike at night here. My bike (Specialized) will get jacked in about 3 seconds by some stupid beaner or nig. Whenever I get a chance I ride around this park near me during the day. Get to check out all of the jogger asses.
  • gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    oh nice, i got a specialized also. i am always afraid someone is going to steal it.