Anyone here play the drums?

buddhabuddha Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I was thinking about learning how to play the drums.

I was brought up on "metal meals, and flammable solos"

Was thinking about a 9-piece white-wrap late 80's Pearl acoustic kit that i recently saw when I was in Ottowa. I could get it for FREE. read: stolen

I want to "enjoy maximum volume sessions while maintaining dynamics". Whatever the fuck that means.

Someone help me, "I'm just a riff hungry musician".

"I'm dependable, hard-working, single and stay focused on the things that interest and challenge me the most. and I think "jam sessions are always an excellent way to let it all roll off with one giant concussion wave."

"I like to play hard, and play to win. I'm currently seeking dedicated musicians who value the practice of attending rehearsals regularly and on time." To help me learn of course.

Also you must be a fan of Star Trek : Wrath of Khan / Lord of the Rings / The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad

"When you rock, please rock loud" Thanks

You can email me at [email protected] (<-- not a real email)

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Man, Budda, you should talk to Spectral he probably taught Kieth Moon everything he knew.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, Budda, you should talk to Spectral he probably taught Kieth Moon everything he knew.

Really? SpectraL? He plays the drums? I had no idea, is he any good? Like in a band or something?

Where does he live? Maybe we could meet up. I think he's in Canada though, they have bears up there and they scare me, but I'm sure he will protect me with his bare hands.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah Spectral is really not too bad for a 48 year old hack. I Have heard a few of his tracks. He is a little sloppy on some of the more advanced stuff but all in all he could probably sit in with just about any average bar band out there.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow that's awesome, I could only ever hope to be a slightly less than mediocre player.

Weird my original post, strange bold letters at random, wtf? Almost like it spells out something. ;)
    edited July 2011
    Must be some kink in VB4. I am sure Dfg will figure it out.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Must be some kink in VB4. I am sure Dfg will figure it out.

I'm sure "someone" will figure it out.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah I play the drums :) I've played in two bands as a drummer, and I did have a kit up until last year when I sold it to make some money. I've still got a ride cymbal and boom stand laying underneath my bed. Started playing when I was very young, probably about 5 years old. I had a little blue drum kit, which turned into a slightly bigger red one, which then turned into a full sized Peavey International Series II when I was old enough :)
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited July 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    ...Weird my original post, strange bold letters at random, wtf? Almost like it spells out something. ;)
    It's called a Totse.info staff member releasing a member's PI. First you invade the privacy of member content by undeleting member posts, and then you release a member's name on the boards. Just two more solid reasons why no one should post here. That's some great team you got going there, Dfg.
    edited July 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    It's called a Totse.info staff member releasing a member's PI. First you invade the privacy of member content by undeleting member posts, and then you release a member's name on the boards. Just two more solid reasons why no one should post here. That's some great team you got going there, Dfg.

PI? Really? Where? I missed it. Who's PI is it? Do you know them?

BTW, with all the reasons you provide that nobody should post here why do you?

Now please stay on topic and take your bitching to B&M.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011

WTF are you smoking? Hunting ghosts in the machine now spec?

I guess if you look hard enough you can find patterns in all kind of strange places, like that whole fibonacci thing.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011

Also, use the search and enter your name in it, you'll see it's all ready all over the place.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    The quotes in the OP are from some faggy ass blog I was reading.
    edited July 2011
    The quotes in the OP are from some faggy ass blog I was reading.

You Will find Faggertry on the web from time to time.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    You Will find Faggertry on the web from time to time.

Digging around this morning I found all kinds of faggy shit, on Facebook, Blogspot, white pages. You wouldn't believe it, but even addresses and phone numbers, next of kin, they can all be faggy.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    LOL TDR I'm slow, I just caught it re-reading your last post.
  • edited July 2011
    I play drums... have for 10 or so years now... pretty good :)

also did 4 years of high school drumline :) very fun. not like the nigger movie either.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I play the drums a tad, but only when I get chance. I know a few drummers, and what i do know is that you have to learn the rudiments. Look them up on Youtube, and then practice them daily (the equivelant of learning scales and arps for other instruments). Good luck with the learning though :)
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited July 2011
    Who is **** ******* and why does he want to invade Buddha's drumming?
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    I have an itching to get the willpower to get myself into the drumming scene.
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    This thread is trippy. I saw things I think I shouldn't have seen and went places I shouldn't go because of things I saw that shouldn't have been seen and saw a lot of gay shit in the process.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    ^ you must have found specs blog.
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    I found lots of things I didn't want to find.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    ^ you must have found specs blog.

I've been tagging art all over my town and oddly it reminds me of a few of Spec's blog posts.