Dearest Dfg, I Love You. Can You Make These Changes in VB4.

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Instead of posting things in million threads, use this to report, ask etc. things.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Identically <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/benefits-of-coleus-forskohlii-extract">best benefits of coleus forskohlii extract</a> may 22. <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolin-95-dosage">freeforskolintrials.com</a&gt; among the most prosperous reasons for <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/coleus-forskohlii-ayurveda">coleus forskohlii ayurveda on freeforskolintrials.com</a> a lot to <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/coleus-forskolii">best coleus forskolii freeforskolintrials.com</a> improving your rate is taking R <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/coleus-forskohlii-tea">coleus forskohlii tea</a> There is really good <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolli">freeforskolintrials.com forskolli</a> . OzThis natural responsible for controling the <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolin-drops">best forskolin drops</a> consult as soon as possible. <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolin-7-keto">freeforskolintrials.com forskolin 7 keto</a> only contains small to speed up the body's <a href="http://www.freeforskolintrials.com/forskolin-side-effects-weight-loss">best forskolin side effects weight loss from freeforskolintrials.com</a> fortifies the immune system so product that has been used for smelling scents .
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2011
    I want the UserCP button back. I know it's 'Settings' now and you probably can't change it, but it would make navigation easier
  • edited July 2011
    I think you're actually able to change the buttons around and stuff so this is probably doable. It's a good addition to the list!
  • edited July 2011
    Something still isn't quite right... I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the fact that you still haven't added the sidebar and the header. But it just feels as though we're posting on some temporary board while Totse is down :)
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    Disable that 30 sec post limit for mods.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. *Goes to with CSS again*
  • edited July 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »

Ouch, we have 30 second flood control here? Fuck, I'm glad I'm not a regular member. Way too high.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011

This is a really good idea :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    I thought that was disabled for mods anyway
    I mean it doesn't apply to you if you're posting in a section. I will reduce it to 15 seconds.
  • edited July 2011
    Dfg, make the totse.info logo at the top link to www.totse.info instead of the BBS. That's how it was before VB4 :thumbsup:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    Just an FYI for youor "to do" list there Dfg. I accessed the site from my phone earlier and realized we need a mobile theme for VB4.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't like the gray threads :( If you want to signify hot topics then you should use a bright orange/red icon next to the post instead of changing the color of the thread title. Just a suggestion.

Also, put the frigging sidebar back in already. I want my links to the CMS!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Sorry lost FUCKING POWER 4 times in a fucking row. Gimme some time to finish things. I was changing the icons when that bastards powered of the lights and now it's raining outside.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Clear you cache people.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    What do you guys think about collapsing the side panel on the index page by default?

I think it will make the page look less cramped.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Made 50+ changes to the theme. Feedback would be awesome.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Its beginning to look awesome, once its finished it will look great. :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    done for today, made around ... 100 changes overall. Theme is 65% complete at the moment.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Added an AD banner. Only unregistered users can see it.
  • edited July 2011
    It's looking really nice actually, and it's definitely coming along nicely. I'd still like to see the sidebar though, that's what would really make it look like it used to again. It's up to you though, I can roll with this :)
    edited July 2011
    The report a post function is missing along with the warning/infraction function.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    Report post is at the bottom of the postbit on the left side, it looks like a warning sign.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    The report a post function is missing along with the warning/infraction function.

look at the bottom of the post. You will see two buttons. First one is for infractions and the other is for report.
    edited July 2011
    DOH :facepalm:
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    Hey dfg, I've noticed the entire top bar with the links to home, forum, etc, disappear entirely when you click what's new (only forum shows up). I've attached a screenshot to show you:

xaw6bs.png

Are you using a specific hack to create those bars, or are you editing the templates themselves? There's a mod on vb.org that you may find helpful:

Tabs Add System for vBulletin 4 (sstab advanced)

This mod allows you to easily add and remove tabs on the navigation bar using the adminCP. Tabs can appear as "selected" after being clicked, automatically deselecting the other tabs.
    You also have the option of indicating which groups are allowed and not allowed to see the tabs via usergroup id.
    Tabs may operate as normal select tabs, as drop-down menus. or as links to external sites.

I would also recommend offsite bbcode for posting articles/news stories from other sites.

Here's the information for offsite bbcode:

Title/tag name: offsite

Replacement:

<div style="padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;border: 1px #666666 solid;margin-top:5px;padding-top:15px;padding-bottom:15px;margin-left:40px;margin-right:40px;margin-top:10px;">{param}</div>

Example: [offsite]offsite content here[/offsite]

Use {option} No
    edited July 2011
    Put that line in to separate the signatures.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    skunk wrote: »
    Hey dfg, I've noticed the entire top bar with the links to home, forum, etc, disappear entirely when you click what's new (only forum shows up). I've attached a screenshot to show you:

xaw6bs.png

Are you using a specific hack to create those bars, or are you editing the templates themselves? There's a mod on vb.org that you may find helpful:

Tabs Add System for vBulletin 4 (sstab advanced)

I would also recommend offsite bbcode for posting articles/news stories from other sites.

Here's the information for offsite bbcode:

Title/tag name: offsite

Replacement:

<div style="padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;border: 1px #666666 solid;margin-top:5px;padding-top:15px;padding-bottom:15px;margin-left:40px;margin-right:40px;margin-top:10px;">{param}</div>

Example: [offsite]offsite content here[/offsite]

Use {option} No
    [offsite]offsite content here[/offsite]

BBcode added.

I edited the templates, can you kindly send me the mod files :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Put that line in to separate the signatures.

Screenshot?
  • edited July 2011
    The new posts button is broken for people who aren't logged in. Clicking it even just once will tell you that you have to wait 15 seconds between searches. ONCE! I wait for at least 15 seconds, click it once again and it says the same thing.

Fix please!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    The new posts button is broken for people who aren't logged in. Clicking it even just once will tell you that you have to wait 15 seconds between searches. ONCE! I wait for at least 15 seconds, click it once again and it says the same thing.

Fix please!

It's not really broken. If you press what's new it will show the results and when you press it again it will show you a box telling you that there is a 15 second delay before each search. This restriction does not apply to registered users.
  • edited July 2011
    Well then how come when I only pressed it once, it gave me the error?
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    You probably clicked twice by accident.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    Whatever happened with the wiki? That'd be a good thing to put on the top bar, people might actually use it then.
  • edited July 2011
    skunk wrote: »
    You probably clicked twice by accident.

I assure you that I did not click twice. I even left the page, came back to it a little later and checked again - same problem.
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Screenshot?

How do I screenshot something that isn't there :confused:

You know that line that separates the post material from the signature.
  • edited July 2011
    There is a line which separates the sig from the post content on my screen. It's a very fine, gray line :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    How do I screenshot something that isn't there :confused:

You know that line that separates the post material from the signature.

Fixed :)
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Looking good so far. It really is a bitch to change anything in VB4. The stylevars sort of make sense but it's more of a pain than it's worth. When we originally switched they had a bunch of annoying overlaps so you could never get anything to work right. I still haven't gone back and fixed the theme but the majority of it works.

Edit: Your new post forum widget doesn't update very fast. I would recommend updating it.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ Thanks for the support, and the plus 1 that VB4 is a bitch to style. Dfg's doing a good job though, we're getting there. As for the new post widget, I don't like that anyway :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    easy-e wrote: »
    Looking good so far. It really is a bitch to change anything in VB4. The stylevars sort of make sense but it's more of a pain than it's worth. When we originally switched they had a bunch of annoying overlaps so you could never get anything to work right. I still haven't gone back and fixed the theme but the majority of it works.

Edit: Your new post forum widget doesn't update very fast. I would recommend updating it.

I kept the updating to low since I am going to replace it or move it around. When it comes to stlying, the stylevar is useless. I am working with direct PHP and CSS to get the results. I am slowly poking things around. It doesn't help when you're facing rolling blackouts throughout day and night and some idiots start making threads about this and that :).

Thanks for the input.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2011
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    There is but it's hidden at them moment. Try this, go down and change to Default theme. You will see the box. Enter details and then click remember me. Change theme and you will be done. Currently there is an issue with logo overlapping the box.
  • edited July 2011
    Yo, I merged Pacino's thread with this one to save the number of similar threads popping up. Also, what's so hard about typing your password in every time you come here? The only time I find it difficult is when I'm drunk - it makes me wish there was less special characters in my password and that I'd used something from the dictionary :facepalm:
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2011
    because after 10 minutes or so afk it fucking logs me out

well maybe more than 10 but anyway its annoying
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    because after 10 minutes or so afk it fucking logs me out

well maybe more than 10 but anyway its annoying

Use your browser password manager mate.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2011
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    Pls make Nigger Theme, it was better and I could relate to it more, being a nigger and all. kthx!

make a paki theme plz
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Random threads that I have not posted in have the indicator arrow that shows a user which threads they posted in. These arrows are still shown even when not logged in. :confused:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    Random threads that I have not posted in have the indicator arrow that shows a user which threads they posted in. These arrows are still shown even when not logged in. :confused:

Can I have a screenshot please.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Can I have a screenshot please.

I am not logged in in the screen shot, and the arrows are still there. vB4 also uses arrows to indicate which threads a user posted in, so I think this is a result of trying to use the old icons.

unledjfj.png