3 girls busted for illegal lemonade stand

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
There are not even 6,000 people in this little shitburg. http://www.city-data.com/city/Midway-Hardwick-Georgia.html

That cop must feel like a real hero keeping all those people safe from that dangerous lemonade. :facepalm:
Three girls trying to raise money to go to a waterpark thought that a lemonade stand would do the trick. But then they met the long arm of the law — their local police chief.

The girls had started up their stand in Midway, Ga., when Police Chief Kelly Morningstar and a deputy drove by.

"They told us to shut it down," 10-year-old Skylar Roberts was quoted as saying by The Coastal Source news website.

"It’s kind of crazy that we couldn’t sell lemonade," added 14-year-old Casity Dixon. "It was fun, but we had to listen to the cops and shut it down."

Morningstar defended his action and received the support of Midway's mayor. "We had told them, 'We understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,'" Morningstar said. "The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws."

That city law requires a business and food permits ($50 a day), even if the stand was at the home of one of the girls.

Health issues were also a concern, Morningstar said. "We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with, so we acted accordingly by city ordinance,” he said.

News of the bust caused an outpouring of local support for the trio — and The Coastal Source said it had given the girls tickets to the waterpark.

source

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited July 2011
    wow cops r so dumb
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2011
    A lemonade stand got robbed at gunpoint here in ct.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Well, they did the right thing, not every modern country has to be Pakistan. Those girls had no right to setup a stall there.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    This would be an appropriate time for the picture of the guy with the Christmas lights. It's stupid. No 10 year old girl from Georgia is going to poison people.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    Dfg, you are a total piss. It's a fucking lemonade stand. If you think they had no right to sell lemonade in front of their house, fuck you. This is just one step towards the government's stripping of our rights. This is just one instance of all that was right being made wrong just to subdue our independence and individuality. This, and by extension, you and your support of this, is against everything Totse ever stood for.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    WTF It is hard to believe how incredibly dumb cops can be sometimes. I mean how bored do they have to be to shut down a kids lemonade stand. I mean seriousness this is both funny and incredibly pathetic.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    jarkof wrote: »
    WTF It is hard to believe how incredibly dumb cops can be sometimes. I mean how bored do they have to be to shut down a kids lemonade stand. I mean seriousness this is both funny and incredibly pathetic.

I know right? funny because you are laughing at what a loser the cop has to be to pull something like that and pathetic that 3 little girls can't sell lemonade in what is supposed to be a free market.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    mafiabro wrote: »
    A lemonade stand got robbed at gunpoint here in ct.

THIS :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Dfg, you are a total piss. It's a fucking lemonade stand. If you think they had no right to sell lemonade in front of their house, fuck you. This is just one step towards the government's stripping of our rights. This is just one instance of all that was right being made wrong just to subdue our independence and individuality. This, and by extension, you and your support of this, is against everything Totse ever stood for.

Hheheh trolled.

But come on, you do know how dumb cunts are these days. Maybe they just added some extra elements in it, DO NOT TRUST KIDS. I don't mind them being prostitutes but I can't stand by and let little girls sell lemonade.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    lol @ CaptainFaggot.
    edited July 2011
    Lol, reverse trolled. Who in the hell has ever seen me pull that "TEH MAN IS TAKING OUR RIGHTS" shit?

Anyway, it's a free country. And Pakistan Zindabad, you un-patriotic yahudi :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    Lol, reverse trolled. Who in the hell has ever seen me pull that "TEH MAN IS TAKING OUR RIGHTS" shit?

Anyway, it's a free country. And Pakistan Zindabad, you un-patriotic yahudi :D

Pakistan can suck Obama's nigger cock and blow the Queen, I don't give a rat ass about it :).
    edited July 2011
    Piss be upon you :D

PK is a shithole ATM
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    Lemonade stands are technically illegal because it's a form of business, and the "owner" of the stand is obtaining tax-free money. If the government sees money flow between clientele and the owner, the government wants a piece of it...and if they cannot, it is illegal:sad:

If only cops weren't too busy being lemonade stand busters, they could be putting bullets into innocent bystanders and ticketing parked cars for missing a front licence plate:rolleyes:
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Lethargica wrote: »
    Lemonade stands are technically illegal because it's a form of business, and the "owner" of the stand is obtaining tax-free money. If the government sees money flow between clientele and the owner, the government wants a piece of it...and if they cannot, it is illegal:sad:

That's why you start a private "club". For every $0.25 donation to the club you receive a free lemonade in return... Call it the "Lemonade Collective"...