Radio music is compressed as fuck and sounds disgusting

One of the main reasons I never listen to the radio (aside from the music consisting of dickheads singing about "going to the club" in every single fucking song) is the fact that they compress the music so much that it sounds awful unless you turn it up loud enough to even slightly distinguish the midrange from the top end. The bass is too bassy and powerful, and anything upward from there is just a horrible mash of noise. It's dreadful. It's even worse when you're in the car on a rough road, and you think that you'll just turn the radio on for a little bit of quiet background music. You keep the volume low, only to realize that above the sound of the tarmac you can only hear a horrible sound which closely resembles white-noise. At first, you think that your radio isn't tuned properly, but you turn up the volume and realize it's just the compressed garbage of another wigger faggot singing about "putting his hands up in the air" and "seeing girls".

Fucking hell.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Agreed, even the stuff I listen to on the 'dinosaur rock' stations has been overly mixed to make it heavy on the base. Of course I hate 'put your hands in the air, like you just don't care' shit, and that one chick sounds like a trained seal "baby you're a star AR AR AR", but I'm over 40, so I'm supposed to hate it, damn glad you're not buying it either though.

Now here's something everyone can enjoy;

C/O
    "good music is subjective, but shit still stinks"
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    Most of us aren't hipster audiophiles and don't give a shit.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    I stopped listening to FM years ago. Regardless od the sound quality how many times can you listen to the 2 songs each from 50 or 60 bands.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I never really listen to the radio these days. Normally while i'm driving I enjoy the silence or listen to the music on my ipod.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Only song you'll need with that "put yo' handz up!" crap. So true.

Haven't listened to the radio in years. Namely because the UK has crap stations and Westwood is an annoying assclown who's way past it.
    Tim-Westwood-005.jpg
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Have you tried not listening to shitty stations? Theres more out there than that nigger wannabe faggot crap.

Sure have, but I just can't take people talking. The most I can stand is LBC in London but their Leftie agenda annoys me. I listen to music to zone out and escape, hence why radio to me, is so irritating.
  • edited July 2011
    The radio scene in the UK is fucking terrible, every station plays exactly the same fucking thing. In fact, the other day I was flicking around the stations and at least 3 of them were playing the SAME SONG :mad: All we've got is charts stuff, then you can switch it to medium wave and listen to people talking about shit all day long, and that's about it.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    I use the radio only while i drive and that is only because I cant afford my own mp3 player but yeah i totally agree even the channels that used to be good just have shitty music that everyone else but us likes
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    lulz radio

I sing to myself.
    edited July 2011
    No, really, if they're riding in their car, 99.9999% of humans won't give a fucking shit about the audio quality of their radio.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    KEXP.org

Trust.
  • edited July 2011
    No, really, if they're riding in their car, 99.9999% of humans won't give a fucking shit about the audio quality of their radio.

Really? That's strange, because I can't stand music which sounds bad no matter how hard I try. It's like some kind of natural thought process which goes on in my mind telling me to turn it off because it's below 320K.
    edited July 2011
    That's crazy. I listen to Oggs with high qualuty headphones by grado, because I enjoy high quality audio, but it's coming over the airwaves and I don't see the huge deal in this.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    [DOUCHEMODE]Do you have any proof to back up that statistic? Hmmm? I didn't think so.[/DOUCHEMODE]

But srsly, I know plenty of people who hate the radio's shitty quality.
    edited July 2011
    Perhaps American radio. Here, in PakisDfgCountry, radio quality doesn't sound very bad. I still have to check it out in the US, though (coming back in a few days!) because I never really listen to radio in the US. If your car has an Auxiliary jack, radio is pretty much obsolete.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    Yea, I use my MP3 player, its so much better. So do about 95 percent of the people I know.
  • edited July 2011
    A lot of it depends on location really. I've noticed that where I live, I pick up absolute garbage yet when I'm in a different part of the country, the radio can be much better :D I like Kerrang radio as you go through Birmingham :thumbsup: