Guerilla artists give intersection a colorful new look

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
That would be awesome if something like that could be done and linked to Totse. I wonder how many of them got picked up by the cops afterwards?
Take a busy intersection, like Rosenthaler Platz in Berlin. Let a group of guerrilla artists pour 500 liters of water-based, environmentally friendly paint onto the pavement.

Then add 2,000 cars, bikes, and buses. And what you get is this: A really cool video of street art or, at least, lines of red, yellow, blue, and purple paint that blend and merge in real time. Who knew driving could be so artistic?

The public art project, titled "Painting Reality," was the brainchild of a group of artists called IEPE and the anonymous crew.

The video shows bicyclists dumping trays of paint at each intersection. At first the paint pools on the street, until the traffic drives through it, pushing the paint across the street. The lines of color intersect, bleeding into one another and varying in thickness.

You can check out the video here.

Source

Comments

• skunkskunk Regular
    edited July 2011
    haha that's brilliant.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    That was pretty awesome.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    That's cool, but is Germany as litigious as America is? Because I can easily some fat American fuck suing because this stuff was splashing onto their car, whether it's water-based or not.

I'm American, so I can say that. :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    AMAZING!, I wish I could try this, but the paint would be expensive and I can't record it anyway and plus the people here are complete idiots. But if someone from totse can do, then I would be more than willing to take part in it.
  • edited July 2011
    jewnose wrote: »
    That's cool, but is Germany as litigious as America is? Because I can easily some fat American fuck suing because this stuff was splashing onto their car, whether it's water-based or not.

I'm American, so I can say that. :)

I was gonna say, how did they get drivers to actually go through it all? I'd be super pissed if someone put paint on my car, even if it WAS water based. I'd probably freak out if someone threw water on my car, haha.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited July 2011
    Well then you could sue. :)

People don't like anything to touch their car. Tailgating is a big pet peeve of mine and once I had a car where I was able to adjust the wiper fluid jet on one side so it would squirt up over the car and hit the car behind me if they were close enough. Talk about some pissed off motorists. People would pass me with oncoming traffic bearing down on them just so they could get beside me and flip me off. I stopped doing it because I just want people off my ass, I don't want to cause an accident and get somebody killed.

It was a lot of fun though.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    It seems that Germans are less of Nazis than Americans.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    ^How does anything ITT relate to Nazis?
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    get paint on my rims or car and id beat a hipster with a tire iron. and it would be justified.