Bath Salts

edited July 2011 in Man Cave
How many different ways are there of using bath salts as a recreational drug? They've interested me after hearing people getting high on them, and I also wonder what the chemistry behind them is like, IE what causes you to get fucked up on bath salts?

Reading some trip reports, they don't sound like a whole lot of fun either.

Comments

• waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    some are okay, most are crap, in ohio like a week ago i saw like 20 kids od on them and get dragged out on stretchers. i mean unless its shardz its not real. and i know people that have been cutting shardz with salts for years. but like 65% of the time if you will roll a bit, but you may get sick too, i tend to get nasty stomach craps, but like i said some are good some are bad, who knows what your putting in your body. that isnt my idea of fun.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    The actual "bath salts" that fuck you up is synthetic cocaine. Mephedrone(?) I think is its chemical name. From what I hear, it's like cocaine without the fun of cocaine but you still want more.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ Mephedrone, that sounds about right. Is that the one which is also called MCAT?
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm not sure about that one but another chemical called MDPV is also sold as bath salt. There's several substances all with the same street name so MCAT could be one as well.
  • edited July 2011
    I think MCAT is methcathionone. but yeah pretty much the same thing, super-coke as some of my friends call it (since you need way less)
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    I heard MCAT makes your dick shrink so I wouldn't try that.
  • STRAIGHTUPGANGSSTRAIGHTUPGANGS New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    I enjoy bath salts, there extremely addictive though, 2 of my friends are addicted to them. I've also heard of people injecting this shit but I've never saw anybody do it.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2011
    Buying bath salts is a terrible idea, it's usually BS cut with other BS, a headshop around here sells a random cocktail of piperazines. Whatever you buy as "Bathsalt" can be bought more pure and more cheaply online.
  • edited July 2011
    So as an alternative to buying bath salts, what would you recommend buying online in it's pure form?

inb4 cocaine.
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    So as an alternative to buying bath salts, what would you recommend buying online in it's pure form?

inb4 cocaine.
    Methylone aka M1 aka bk-mdma for a similar high to mdma or Mephedrone aka 4mmc aka methlymethcathinone for a more of a stim/coke high. No more than 30 a gram each
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2011
    Doesn't it make people like batshit crazy angry sometimes? I'm not down for this. Doesn't sound like a mdma alternative, sounds like a bad cocaine alt.
    edited July 2011
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    Doesn't it make people like batshit crazy angry sometimes? I'm not down for this. Doesn't sound like a mdma alternative, sounds like a bad cocaine alt.
    Shit like piperazines and other stims can do that. That's why I advise against headshop garbage.
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methylone/methylone_effects.shtml
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_methylmethcathinone/4_methylmethcathinone_effects.shtml
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2011
    The concept of "bath salts" is really pretty sleazy and I don't recommend anyone take them.

There are quite a few chemicals that have been used for sure in bath salts, like MDPV, mephpedrone, methylone, MDAI... a lot of these chemicals are fairly safe and quite a bit of fun if you know what you're doing.

The problem is, these "bath salts" take one or more of these chemicals and cut them to shit with god knows what kind of inert powder. So now you not only don't know what you're taking, but how much of it.

Bath salts are in my opinion the scourge of the RC scene. These chemicals should be bought pure and measured carefully, it's really the only safe way to use them. Kids hear "snort bath salts from the gas station, its like [coke/molly/meth]!" and then rail a big line of god knows what. If they don't regret the experience, the next time they try a bath salt it could be a different chemical and a different purity, the same size line that worked last time could FUCK you up. The chemicals alone aren't a problem, but they're getting banned any way solely because of these shitbags selling them as bath salts.

It makes much more sense to just buy the pure powders online. It's much, much cheaper as well.
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

inb4 cocaine.

4-FA and methylone are the best two stimulants available right now in my opinion. Mephedrone isn't bad if you can find it but I prefer methylone anyways. There are some newer ones that look really promising but I haven't tried them. None of these should be over $15/g.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    rub them on your sweaty ball sack

or in your girlfriends smelly snatch, ouch
    edited July 2011
    MegaKush wrote: »
    rub them on your sweaty ball sack

or in your girlfriends smelly snatch, ouch
    Contribute or stay out
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    The actual "bath salts" that fuck you up is synthetic cocaine. Mephedrone(?) I think is its chemical name. From what I hear, it's like cocaine without the fun of cocaine but you still want more.

Bleuuugh mephedrone is nasty shit. It was made a Class B drug in britain a few years back and I did it a few times. You couldn't pass a nightclub during the popular months of it without smelling it. Never got the craze. I just preferred a quiet spot in my City and sparking up.
    Mephedrone is also known as "MCAT" as it;s a shortening of the chemical name (which I don't know off by hand), but it's also known as "meow meow" and whatever other crazy names dealers use to make it seem 10 times better than it is.

I'd reccommend steering clear of it. Give it a go once, but be warned that as it's a research chemical, use Erowid and other forums to get an idea of dosage. As with ALL drugs you ingest/snort, having a set of milligram scales is a lifesaver.
    edited July 2011
    Mephedrone isn'tall that dangerous, people just take it waaay to far. Especially club kids like you're talkeing about. Agreed 100% on the mg scale though.
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited July 2011
    I tried them once, and talked for 4 hours straight.

No joke my buddy must have said maybe 2 sentences the whole time.

I'd much rather do molly.:hai:
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    waffles wrote: »
    i know people that have been cutting shardz with salts for years

thats terrible. Does it even burn in a globe?
    edited July 2011
    I tried them once, and talked for 4 hours straight.

No joke my buddy must have said maybe 2 sentences the whole time.

I'd much rather do molly.:hai:
    It was the same way when monoxide and I did it, only he talked for 6hrs straight