Belladonna / Deadly Nightshade -- Cautious ingestion by smoking

MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
edited July 2011 in Man Cave
I'll get to the point. Belladonna grows freely where I live (a motel just West of a shaman's small intestine) as does a "type" of tobacco. I say that because it is definitely related to the tobacco plant but is more twiggy and with more slender leaves. The nicotine content in it is very low but does exist as I have found out.

I realize that one generally shouldn't take deadly nightshade as you can't really separate the 'deadly' from the 'nightshade' so to speak.

I also note that I am not looking to get knocked off my ass / looking for a temporary escape / etc as one might with alcohol pot benzos opiates etc. I respect that this is not a "party drug" and is not to be used nonchalantly. This isn't something I'm looking to do regularly.

For oral use I have read reports of people chowing down on or brewing as a tea, say, two "medium" (whatever that means) sized leaves. If I were to roll into a cigarette along with some of that tobacco I mentioned (as filler) a quarter or maybe a third of a leaf 2" long (Medium-small?) I know there is a great chance that I would feel nothing but a slight nicotine buzz.

What I want to know is if anyone here has smoked nightshade leaves how much they smoked, what general part of the plant they picked them from, what happened, etc.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I have never smoked the leaves, but I did once take a berry, crush it up and wipe little dabs of the juice under my tongue for a couple of hours as an experiment. I felt something, but it was not good, a little queasy, elevated pulse, nothing I would want to pursue. I smoked tomato flowers too, as I had heard they contained similar alkaloids, no effect.

**checks wiki and erowid**

Hmm, the wiki says it does not grow in my neck of the woods, the pics show a very similar plant to the one I used, wonder if it was even the real thing? So first I would advise checking to make sure if it is really atropa belladonna. Then I would read how nasty the effects are, decide it was a lot more like a chemical weapon that grows in your back yard than a drug, and move on.

That said, hells yeh, try a bit at a time till it either does something good, something bad, or you are satisfied that it has no potential. I would give a fair bit of time between doses as the action on the choline in your brain may take a bit to be noticable, and you wouldn't want to start feeling bad effects from the first puff an hour or two later after you have done another 6.

I am curious as to what the nicotine containing plant you mentioned is as well, any chance you could throw up a link to a pic?

C/O
    "things I tried that did not get me high; purple coleus, skullcap, witches hat mushrooms, catnip, banana peel scrapings, a few more I can't remember, because I'm high"
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited July 2011
    I am curious as to what the nicotine containing plant you mentioned is as well, any chance you could throw up a link to a pic?
    For one the seedpods look exactly like tobacco seedpods that I linked if my memory serves from last fall. The leaves are exactly like tobacco leaves according to Google Images but thinner and trail off in a more wispy way at the tip. Sort of like a cross between the little leaflets on a pot leaf and a tobacco leaf. There are usually 2 leaves on a given part of a stem growing opposite from one another. I don't have a digital camera but I'll try to snap a pic with my webcam tomorrow.
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    product_img_249_200x200.jpg

Just picked up a couple of these things and took a double dose. Will see if there are any effects at all and go from there.
  • edited July 2011
    Homeopathic 'remedies' are, in my opinion, a crock of crap. One of the principles of homeopathy is 'dilution and percussion', a tincture is made of the substance to be used, a portion of that is diluted by a factor of ten and shaken, then a portion of that is diluted by a factor of ten and shaken, this is repeated 5-10 times. The people selling it say it is the "energy" or "wavelength" of the original substance that is active, not the substance itself.

Homeopathy is not to be confused with 'wholistic' medicine, which can still be pretty bunky, but at least it is founded on the sound principle of treating a person as a whole, not just individual symptoms.

I would rag on you for paying for something like that, but........;)

C/O
    "it does sweeten the coffee nicely though"
    edited July 2011
    nothing that small is worth paying for.

Anyways though it did dilate my eyes slightly and I got more comments on if I was "ok" than I normally do. No physical or mental effects felt from 10 of the tabs.

Ate 30 more and going to sleep soon, will see how it affects the dreams. anti-cholinergic. I've gotten positive results from AChR agonists and inhibitors so we'll see how the opposite plays out if at all.
  • BonnieCobbBonnieCobb New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    homeopathy=sugar pills. If you got any effects after taking your sugar pills, it was due to a phenomenon known as "the placebo effect".
    edited July 2011
    yep no effect there. They make interesting mints though that make people take a second glance and be like wtf?
  • edited July 2011
    yep no effect there. They make interesting mints though that make people take a second glance and be like wtf?

The container is likely more useful than the contents.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited July 2011
    Alright children.

About a week ago I took ate half of a small (about 1.5 x 2") leaf and "smoked" the other half (see below.) Shortly after the smoking it I felt kinda buzzed and had the urge to giggle, this went away soon. That night I noticed I had absolutely no inhibitions on what I might think about. Not sure if that was part of the effect or not. Something else I noticed was it made masturbating feel better. yeeee. Left the plant alone for since then.

Yesterday I ate a bigger leaf of the stuff. Felt none of the tell tale dry mouth and pupils seemed a bit on the wide side but still pretty normal. No problems with close vision or anything. This morning soon after I got up I had a weird sort of feeling, though. I felt very cold and my fingernails were blue and my breathing was shaky. Hypothermia, seriously? Gah. Some nice warm tea and some nice hot soup souped that right up though. My nails are now a normal color as well. Also that happened when I was reading about that Russian 'crocodile' shit. Maybe I got wigged out or something? Usually I don't get creeped out at stuff like that though. Fuck Russia. First phenazepam and now this shit?

Just a few minutes ago I smoked a fairly small leaf. That is, without drying it. Just put it in a pipe and hit it with a lighter on it. I probably vaporized more than smoking it, and this was my goal. I figured that if people can end up sticking their dicks in a blender just by eating it I should not smoke it per se. Honestly though all that is probably just a false sense of security and health effects wouldn't be any different than smoking it in a more orthodox way.

I just now saw a little flash, like a yellowish green meteor doing down on the far right of my peripheral vision. Could be something happening but honesty I've seen "trippier" stuff like that when clean and sober so meh. I don't have any drymouth.

I'll keep yall posted by editing this post.

9:00 AM MST 7/27/21

Heart is beating faster than it usually does for me. Around 70-something bpm. Usually it's in the 50s. Not tachycardia but meh. Very cold. Haven't had any hallucinations. I think I'll put on a pot of tea to warm up, and I don't think I'll be going much farther with this plant. If I'll do you'll see more edits.