Paco's Official Eating Healthy and Shit Thread.

PacoPaco me administrator
edited July 2011 in Life
So today I'm going to start eating really healthy, and no I don't mean healthy as in cutting out fatty foods, I mean it by cutting out gross ass shit like Soda, anything with weird as chemicals I can't even pronounce, shit that probably causes cancer, etc. etc. I decided to do this because lately I've been feeling like absolute shit and I think it might have to do with my mass amounts of sugar, soda, HFC, etc. that I take it. I'm going to keep progress in this thread on what I do eat everyday and how I start feeling. This is more of an experiment than a diet change but it seemed like a good idea.

To start off, today, right now for breakfast I'm having,

A 3 egg omelette (with two yolks)
A piece of whole grain toast with organic butter.
A cup of green tea with some local farm honey.

Comments

• PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2011
    So for a snack I had a can of Mandarin Orange and right now I'm eating lunch.

Homemade General Tso's Tofu
    and more tea.
    DSC00153.JPG

And no, I'm not only drinking tea, I'm drinking ice water as well. Just Tea with meals.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    OK I was interested in this until you tossed in the tofu. :eek:
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2011
    For breakfast i had 2 greasy burgers and a generic energy drink.
    edited July 2011
    OK I was interested in this until you tossed in the tofu. :eek:

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years.

But I haven't actually started eating tofu until like 4 months ago.

Have you ever eaten it? It's god damn delicious if cooked correctly.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    I am not against eating healthy but I need meat. I cant eat anything unless there is meat in it. Makes it difficult to eat healthy.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    I have honestly tried it several different ways and the taste was never an issue, it is the texture.
    edited July 2011
    I have honestly tried it several different ways and the taste was never an issue, it is the texture.
    If you freeze it and then defrost it before cooking it has the exact same texture as chicken. Also, the texture is a little different depending on how long you press it.
    jarkof wrote: »
    I am not against eating healthy but I need meat. I cant eat anything unless there is meat in it. Makes it difficult to eat healthy.
    I'm actually not vegetarian for the health benefits. I'm just grossed out by the idea of eating meat. Yea I know, I'm weird as fuck.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    As long as tofu is ground up and mixed in small amounts in things I can do it. Otherwise it tastes like soggy noodles which I cant do. I love to cook and I love the tastes you can get into the meats that you cant get in anything else.
    edited July 2011
    The way I used to cook it always made it tastes like soggy noodles, I can see where you are getting that. But today I put it in between the towels, put heavy shit on it like usual but instead of pressing it for like 2 minutes I pressed it for an hour. Wasn't soggy at all, tasted like chicken. I think... It's been a while :P
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Haha yeah I have actually had it professionally cooked once and it wasnt awful. I mean I didnt hate it. I just wont cook it for myself is all. I am just to big of a meat fan. How I am still skinny as fuck is beyond me.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    I love tofu. But vegetarians disgust me :mad:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    How way to be bold as hell.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    You are supposed to eat about 2-3 eggs a week. Too much bad cholesterol in the yolk of the egg :/
    edited July 2011
    Yea, thats why I took one of the yolks out... but I really like the yolk so I only took some out. But I guess I'm gonna start using one yolk for my 3 eggs.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    I dont really pay attention to the health aspect of things but I do a lot outside and have a high metabolism so right now I am not really worried at all. But I do know a lot of people who only eat the whites of the eggs for heath reasons. I myself only like eggs when there lathered with cheese and mixed with bacon. Haha. But thats just me.
    edited July 2011
    Yea I have a really high metabolism and am pretty healthy too lol.
    edited July 2011
    oh god egg yolks, you so crazy

I usually dip my bacon in the yolk
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Dont forget the fondu cheese to dip the bacon in before the yolk.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    Sigh...:rolleyes: people won't appreciate anything(health/body) until they hit rock bottom(heart attacks)
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    vegetarians disgust me :mad:

Vegans are the worst ones IMO
    edited July 2011
    They only annoy me if it impedes on what i want to eat.

ex. we're not going to *restaurant* because there's nothing for me to eat there.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2011
    Anyone that doesn't eat any form of meat disturbs me. So you won't eat chicken but you will eat their eggs? People are strange.Cut out the eggs and tofu and I hope you get kwashiorkor disease :o
    edited July 2011
    Vegans are the worst ones IMO
    I'll never really understand veganism, eating milk and eggs hurts nothing.
    mafiabro wrote: »
    They only annoy me if it impedes on what i want to eat.

ex. we're not going to *restaurant* because there's nothing for me to eat there.
    Yea I try not to nigger you around like that.
    edited July 2011
    Anyone that doesn't eat any form of meat disturbs me. So you won't eat chicken but you will eat their eggs? People are strange.Cut out the eggs and tofu and I hope you get kwashiorkor disease :o
    There's nothing wrong with eating eggs. Any eggs you buy to eat are unfertilized, they would never have hatched.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with eating eggs. Any eggs you buy to eat are unfertilized, they would never have hatched.

There's nothing wrong with eating meat. Any meat you buy to eat were mortal, they would have died anyway.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    ^This
    Such a good point. But i totaly respect vegetarians that do it for life choices, its when people stop eating meat because there friends do or because they wanna lose weight that bug me. To stay 100 percent healthy some meat should be eaten. Its not the meat that is bad for your heart. Its how you eat and and how often.