Limitless [2011]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
limitlessi.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOLqNOfzus4
An action-thriller about a writer who takes an experimental drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the perfect version of himself, forces more corrupt than he can imagine mark him for assassination. Out-of-work writer Eddie Morra's (Cooper) rejection by girlfriend Lindy (Abbie Cornish) confirms his belief that he has zero future. That all vanishes the day an old friend introduces Eddie to NZT, a designer pharmaceutical that makes him laser focused and more confident than any man alive. Now on an NZT-fueled odyssey, everything Eddie's read, heard or seen is instantly organized and available to him. As the former nobody rises to the top of the financial world, he draws the attention of business mogul Carl Van Loon (De Niro), who sees this enhanced version of Eddie as the tool to make billions. But brutal side effects jeopardize his meteoric ascent...

IMDB

Review
Wouldn't it be amazing if our brains used the overdrive mode, from using a small portion of our tiny brains we suddenly start using it completely, it’s like overclocking your processor and then running multiple processes at the same time, Limitless is a great movie, it has everything that would keep you entertained, tits, sex, suspense, thriller and a clever plot not to mention decent acting.

It focuses on using your brain power to accomplish tasks that would normally take a super computer and a pretty epic AI code to do. You get to analyze, learn and absorb things on the fly. It's like reading a book and then recalling the whole story backwards and then making a flowchart of the events and then tagging different characters.

Our hero (Bradley Cooper) is a writer, who like me can't get the courage to write things, it's like trying to write the first sentence and then deleting it. His life is a mess, he looks like a homeless like box using an IPhone and giving cheap blowjobs. His GF leaves him and on top of that, he is due for his book, which hasn’t even started writing. Things change when his ex-brother helps him out. After that the events start to enfold, our hero in this case discovers the miracle of clear thinking, soon he starts enjoying his abilities and he literally becomes a superman. But this time his brain is doing all the work.

The movie sounds amazing to me, mainly due to the camera work and special effects. They're pretty basic at time but if you just notice small things, then you will notice that the directors were actually trying to make this movie special. I mean they're constantly trying to guess how to show different scenes to depict different stages and things become interesting when the miracle pill starts to show its effects.

Yes, I know the plot seems predictable, but it gets better in the end. Although they did make some major fucks along the way but I am sure you will ignore them if you’re looking for something else. I wasn't surprised with the ending but I was inspired by the movie. After watching it, I went to bed and then I tried using my brain, I tried different approaches to use my mind but in the end nothing worked. It seemed the more I focus and try to do multiple tasks at the same time, the more sidetracked I would get. Like you’re thinking about editing videos and then you add an internal discussion which is basically noise and then you add another element and you try to keep them going in your mind and at the same time you try to listen to your surroundings, after few seconds or minutes depending on your mental state you will reach a blackout zone. You will lose all concentration.

Judging from that personal experiment, the story plot didn't seem too Sci-fi to me. But unlike other movies that I watch, this one made me think and this is something that I always enjoy. Although it got a 7.3 on IMBD, I would still recommend giving it a go.
Don’t expect too much from this, if you tend to follow character plot and his decisions, you will get mad and say WTF a few times. It seems the hero is an idiot when it comes to using his brain.

Torrents:
1080p Extended
1080p Unrated
DVDRip
720p

Comments

• blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011
    saw this yesterday and have to say it was pretty awsome
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Saw it in theaters a couple months ago. Seriously good movie and really crazy to think about the idea.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    Future of nootropics. Great movie.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    :thumbsup: movie was awesome. only wish that this drug was available to me.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Just imagine if someone did manage to make a drug that did that though. That would be the biggest shitstorm ever. People killing for it. People selling everything for it. Mass chaos. Sounds fucking awesome. Who wants to open a lab. Also who has chemistry experience because i got none.