Self medicating with xanax

edited September 2011 in Life
OK so I've taken xanax a few times recreationally. Normally in doses of 2mg + in a day, and I find the next day and sometimes 2 days after, I am a lot calmer and generally feel like a better person. This leads me to believe I should be prescribed to xanax, but I don't have insurance so it'd be expensive (fucking obama care). How much would you reccomend I take daily for anxiety/depression/what ever the fuck I have? Like, whats the normal starting prescribed amount for people? I'm sure someone here is prescribed xanax legally. Also, any tips to avoid addiction and self medication and whatnot would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited July 2011
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2011
    sounds like you need a drug dealer. just because you think you should be prescribed xanax doesnt mean you will. you can pill shop from doctor to doctor until you get a script but tahts expensive. just buy from a dealer. as far as how much to avoid addiction is completely up to you. if you dont want to start a tolerance dont take them
  • edited July 2011
    well, yeah as i've said i've used them recreationally bfore so i have that part covered and i dont have insurance so it'd more expensive for me to get little half milligram shit pills prescribed than for me to get get double G bars
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited July 2011
    0.25mg, three times a day. But keep in mind, just because it makes you feel better, it doesn't mean you should be prescribed it. You have to weigh the advantages of long term use against the disadvantages. For instance, Adderall makes everyone focus more effectively, but for people that focus effectively without it, taking it daily is not worth the side effects of long term use.
  • edited July 2011
    Gallows wrote: »
    0.25mg, three times a day.
    Thank you. Is it take it as needed three times a day, or is it like once with every meal or whatever.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2011
    Take one in the morning and then as needed. Tolerance builds quick.
  • edited July 2011
    I have a feeling this is going to turn my life around.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    Haha its going to fuck your anxiety up beyond repair if you take it all the time

go for it man
  • edited July 2011
    MegaKush wrote: »
    Haha its going to fuck your anxiety up beyond repair if you take it all the time

go for it man

i've started takeing thme today. i bought 90 bars yesterday so i should be good for a while. instead of taking .25mg 3 times a day i'm just going to take a bar in the morning and a bar at lunch and a bar at night
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've heard of people getting prescribed 1/4 mg xanax starting out. Supposedly if you say you get violent when you have panic attacks, you get prescribed the 2 mg bars.
  • edited July 2011
    Find a hookup.

When I was in the 9th grade, I sold pills that I bought from some Hispanic bitch names Jocelyn, and she was selling me .5 mg Klonopins for very low prices. I forget exactly, but I sold them for about $1 per pill, and bought them for no more than $0.15 per pill. Doctors prescribe drugs like they're giving out candy. If a 9th grader can get their hands on more than a hundred pills at a time, so can you, bru.
  • edited July 2011
    Find a hookup.

When I was in the 9th grade, I sold pills that I bought from some Hispanic bitch names Jocelyn, and she was selling me .5 mg Klonopins for very low prices. I forget exactly, but I sold them for about $1 per pill, and bought them for no more than $0.15 per pill. Doctors prescribe drugs like they're giving out candy. If a 9th grader can get their hands on more than a hundred pills at a time, so can you, bru.
    yeah i've got some pretty good deals lined up. 90 for 100 I can sell em for 5 a piece if i ever need the extra scratch
  • Caramello KoalaCaramello Koala Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    Xanax is very strong, it also has a short half life and you build up a mega tolerance to it. If you stop taking it suddenly you will experience more anxiety than you've ever had before, it really fucks you up. Also the withdrawals are crazy from it, I know because i used to have a Xanax problem. I smuggled a shitload of the stuff home from Thailand and when I eventually ran out I had a breakdown. Xanax works incredibly quickly and therefore it is prescribed for panic attacks, not in anticipation of them, but only for when they occur. Don't take them at regular intervals during the day. The best treatment for anxiety is proven to be CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), you can take small doses of Xanax while you are undertaking this therapy, but only if your psychiatrist is monitoring your doses. I'm a third year psychology student and have worked part time in mental hospitals. Get help, now.