Corner Stores?

HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Why does anybody go to corner stores? 7-11 and such. It's the stupidest thing and in my experience it's only mexicans who go there to buy 40s or 32s. It would take a minute longer or less to just go to a grocery store and get alcohol for half the price.

These places don't even sell gasoline! What's the point?

Comments

• blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2011
    slurpies bitch :mad:
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited July 2011
    Slurpees man, and all the ones around here sell gasoline.:o
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    Slurpees man, and all the ones around here sell gasoline.:o
    ^Yeah, this.
    Fuck bitches, get Wawa. :hai:
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2011
    Some of them have 40's for cheaper than the grocery store. Plus, it's the difference between walking a block and a mile for me...
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've seen 7-11s that just are a convenience store.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2011
    7-11 is where I get my cigarettes. Besides the daily stop to get Red Bull or pick up a carton of cigarettes that's about the only reason I go there. *EDIT* Beer as well.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    don't be mad cuz they don't sell cheese.. you cunt bitch. around here they only sell the good 40's in convenience stores, go handle a forty and stop crying...
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2011
    Most of our 7-11s have gas stations but there are a couple downtown that are just the store.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    In the UK it is very rare for a petrol station to sell booze too. The super markets have a few outlets that do, and sometimes motorway service stations will sell booze. The supermarket run petrol stations - the prices are the same as the main supermarkets, just less choice. The motorway service station ones the boozw can be x2 times the price. Everything is more expensive in those places - captive market.

We have what are called corner shops or paki shops. The booze is usually shit and a lot more expensive than the supermarkets, but the cigs are the same price, so I do buy them in there, partly because if I dont use the local shop, it might shut down and it is a handy thing to be there when you need something but other shops are closed or you cannot get to them.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    cause some people dont like fresh hot dogs. We want the ones that been on the rollers for 9 hours. They're crunchy and delicious.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    Late night cigs, mang.
    Sometimes you just can't crash and wait for the store to be open in the morning.
    Also, slurpees.
    Some food, depending on the store.
    Can I get a hallelujah for Quick Trip?
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    I only use ours for news papers, and bread and milk.
    They only sell booze after 10am and thats too late for me.

Allthough the missus says that one of the chicks she went to school with, who works there does topless lads mags modeling, not too sure of her name though.
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    where else am i supposed to buy my swishers and zig zags

oh yeah, a smoke shop

yeah i dont fuck with conveienence stores unless i wana steel reserve
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited July 2011
    Ever had to hover over the toilet? well i have and its no fun when youve got a vagina and dont stand up to pee/.
  • ShitcrappensShitcrappens New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I've seen 7-11s that just are a convenience store.

Wow! That must be very inconvenient.
  • Mutant Funk DrinkMutant Funk Drink New Arrival
    edited July 2011
    There are a few reasons I go to 7-11. They're open 24/7, and since I'm usually awake late at night(well, early morning) this is very convenient in case I need something. They also carry a good selection of those giant Arizona cans of tea, which I really like. The only negative is they're all run by filthy Pakis and Indians.

Though you'll never find me at one of these places during the day. If the grocery store is headed, then that's where I'll go. 7-11 doesn't carry guacamole chips. :hrmph:
  • edited July 2011
    Whats funny - in thailand 7-11's are the cheaper style grocery stores.
  • edited July 2011
    i go to 7-11 when i only want a couple 24 ozers cuz their 24 oz mickeys are cheaper than my local grocery stores. i also don't want to wait in a fucking line to buy a couple beers. if i'm buyin a case i'll go to the grocery store though
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    When I lived in London, corner shops (or more commonly known as "Paki Shops") were lifesavers! Open on Sundays, 'till late and damn early. These fuckers had it all, and if you befriended them, were very useful to know. Shame I live in middle class heaven now. Not a corner shop in miles.