Pubic hair shaving, WTF

edited July 2011 in Life
I was horrified to recently learn that most American men (not sure about other English-speaking countries) 'trim' their pubes and many shave them altogether. Yahoo Answers seems to confirm this, with many people (mainly girls) saying it's disgusting and unhygenic. How the fuck is it unhygenic? Perhaps if you only wash once a month yeah. By that logic no one should have hair on their head either. The hair on your head gets greasy, sweaty, dandruf etc - isn't that far dirtier than pubic hair? In my entire 22 years of living a razor or scizzors haven't come any closer than a meter to my cock and I intend for it to stay that way.

Needless to say, I'm violently opposed to the idea of western women doing this and cannot understand why so many guys have a problem with it.

Apparently Islam encourages this practice too so I'm guessing DFG also does it :(

I am very dissapoint in you guys. :thumbsdown:

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Pshh, I have trimmed there a few times before just to keep it looking tidy for my GF but it's never dirty or unhygenic in the slightest. I don't think I'd ever be able to shave down there though, fuck that shit.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Trim ftw! Just grab some hair clippers and go to town on that pecker while tidying up the edges with a razor. I did today and can't wait to tie my girl up and stick it in her :hai: been told I'm a nice size and I take great pride in making sure my dick/pubes don't smell like a pack of quavers.
  • edited July 2011
    I use full-sized scissors whenever I do it, but it's not too often. I'll do it in a minute just because this thread got my interests up... Maybe it will make me look a little more presentable and tidy for the GF. Plus, it will match my new haircut! :D
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited July 2011
    I actually just trimmed yesterday.

Now my crotch itches kinda bad :facepalm:
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    I use electric clippers to trim my junk once a month. It's not short to the point where it itches. It feels better, and doesn't smell like seaweed at the end of the day like a hairy patch of man bush.

Plus, you get more repeat head with a shaved dick.
  • edited July 2011
    Don't knock it until you've tried it, the breeze feels so nice on a hairless ball sack. So do silk boxers. Also hair + sweat = bacteria = stinky ballsack odor.
    8KBXj.png
  • edited July 2011
    I've done both... I don't see how it could be argued that it is less hygienic; I can also confirm that at least when I was in a relationship head was easier to come by.

Chupalo is def right that it smells less too.

It's also kind of about mutual respect; I have never been with a girl who has bush beyond a little vagscaped shape... I'd hate to gross them out with a thick greasy mat of pubes. Although I know respecting wymynz isn't too popular on &T hahaha
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2011
    i shave it all. and i do it dry. feels good man
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    I never know what kind of style to trim my pubes into. Girls have it easy they only have the hitler, the landing strip, and all the way shaved. I don't even know what the guy styles are.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2011
    ^ On and off.
  • edited July 2011
    The western world truly has become a sick, shalow, plastic place.
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited July 2011
    I trim pretty every once in a while because doing so makes it look bigger. Wait, I mean, it makes it look even bigger :o
  • AnimusAnimus Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Landing strip is god tier.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2011
    i shave it all. and i do it dry. feels good man

This. DKR you're very silly. You should definitely take a hacksaw to that enchanted forest you've been growing. You ever walk past a guy and you can smell the thick stench of ballsweat emanating from him? This is because he doesn't shave. You might not smell it on yourself because you've gotten used to it. It is unattractive for the ladies. It's not a good look man. Not a good smell either.

I don't suggest shaving though. A good trim is all you need.
  • edited July 2011
    You ever walk past a guy and you can smell the thick stench of ballsweat emanating from him? This is because he doesn't shave.

No, it's because he probably doesn't wash. Also, some people's ball/cock smell is worse than others.
    It is unattractive for the ladies. It's not a good look man.

Why?! It's the way nature intended it to be.
  • ducklipsducklips Regular
    edited July 2011
    lol hmm my dude doesn't shave or trim and i never smell anything. I might just be used to it though. If i could grow a bush down there I would. When I was going through puberty all I wanted was pubes but none came. I got some weeds and that was about it so i shave it off. I'm just not a hairy person (with the exception of my head) I don't need to shave any part of myself

My guy also isn't very hairy either, hairy enough his bush (LOL) doesn't grow all out of control but i've seen it and it's not very attractive to be overgrown. I think it just depends on how hairy you are.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited July 2011
    One word: chafing. Haha

I get raw unless my asshair is shaved.

/sorry.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited July 2011
    No, it's because he probably doesn't wash. Also, some people's ball/cock smell is worse than others.

Why?! It's the way nature intended it to be.

I suppose that you take a shower every time you get sweaty then. Directly after you play basketball or any other sport or after you've been walking around for a few minutes in the heat of summer. "Hey Dkr that was a good game let's have a beer at the pub eh?" "No can do mate, I have to wash my balls! They're hairy and the sweat they've collected has caused my gouche to grow cheese." What am I thinking? You're probably a shut-in.

The way nature intended it... Let's all do everything the way nature intended it. Let's stop driving cars and wearing shoes and shopping at stores (we should grow our own food) girls throw out your tampons and maxi pads and menstrual cramp medicine because nature intended for you to be in fucking pain and bleeding everywhere. Fuck, let's all just be cavemen again as nature intended
    :facepalm: :o:o:o
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    This thread lacks some Kunt and the Gang...
  • edited July 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    This thread lacks some Kunt and the Gang...

That guy's a legend, fucking love him :D
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    I keep my trimmer on one setting for simplicity.
    Beard trim? Turn it on, trim up, clean up.
    Pube trim? Ditto the above.
    Always follow with a shower.
    It's like a (usually) non-sexual massage on yer junk.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    I keep my trimmer on one setting for simplicity.
    Beard trim? Turn it on, trim up, clean up.
    Pube trim? Ditto the above.
    Always follow with a shower.
    It's like a (usually) non-sexual massage on yer junk.

Same here. I get a bad rash if I shave my face with a razor, so I use clippers to always keep it at a "5 o'clock shadow". I like to shave my balls first and then my face.

Also, it's easier (and safer) to shave your dick when it's hard, so I suggest keeping a "fluffer" around during shave time.
  • AnimusAnimus Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    it's easier (and safer) to shave your dick when it's hard

I feel like if you got a nick at all during that time, you'd bleed to death immediately.
  • edited July 2011
    Chupalo wrote: »
    Same here. I get a bad rash if I shave my face with a razor, so I use clippers to always keep it at a "5 o'clock shadow". I like to shave my balls first and then my face.

Also, it's easier (and safer) to shave your dick when it's hard, so I suggest keeping a "fluffer" around during shave time.

Is it normal to have hair growing on the shaft of your penis? That seems weird.
  • AnimusAnimus Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    I have hair shaft too, maybe about the first inch up. It doesn't grow nearly as thickly though, and I have been shaving since I was like 12.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited July 2011
    Animus wrote: »
    I have hair shaft too, maybe about the first inch up.

^THIS