If you could delete memories from your brain to make more space, would you?

McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
And what would you delete if so?

I would get rid of all the useless knowledge I have, and I would get rid of the memories that aren't that important to me, then fill those spaces with nothing but useful knowledge. :D:thumbsup:

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    I wish I could just run my mind like an OS.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    1. I would delete false knowledge. I have a kickass memory, but I can be gullible and i believe everything i hear or read.

2. I work in high volume amounts of people and can recall individuals drink orders from the entire
    night for weeks.

3. My celebrity back of head knowledge would be deleted. I can pick out celebrities and most people I know just by the back of the head.

4. Movies watched memory so I can watch them again and feel new. According to icheckmovies.com, I've watched 933 movies the past 3 years which is the length of time I knew about pirating movies.

5. The memory of chicken pox in 7th grade. That was the first time in my life I was ever self concious about my looks. Started a life long mirror/reflection check obsession. I can't walk by something without looking at myself in it.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    Damn straight. I'd just get rid of the stupid shit I'll never need (I actually think about old wanks I took and other dumb shit at night). My memory isn't bad, though, data just gets corrupted like a motherfucker.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't think I'd delete anything. If the memory is bad enough anyway, it will eventually fizzle out completely and something new will take it's place later on. Plus, these memories may contain other memories which are vital to know. For example, you might remember Little Timmy's Birthday party on June 24th 1987, but what also happened on that day was you touched a hot stove for the first time - a memory inside another memory which, when deleted, could be dangerous to your life.

It's like Inception ;)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Delete the depressed and addictive side of my mind, as well as the bad relationships and memories so I could hopefully refill them with good ones.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Cant afford to delete anything, I have a terrible memory anyway. I cant actually tell you what I have been doing these last few weeks because I cant remember....
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited July 2011
    I wouldn't delete memories to create more space, I might delete them because they were shitty but retrospectively shitty memories are valuable in their own right.Plus you really aren't going to run out space.Your brain is already pretty fucking good at eliminating useless input, so whatever memories you do vividly have are usually for a reason.
    Damn straight. I'd just get rid of the stupid shit I'll never need (I actually think about old wanks I took and other dumb shit at night). My memory isn't bad, though, data just gets corrupted like a motherfucker.

Memories are susceptible to being influenced in many different ways, so you could always convince yourself you had better past wanks than you remember?
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited July 2011
    Plebert wrote: »
    Your brain is already pretty fucking good at eliminating useless input, so whatever memories you do vividly have are usually for a reason.

Then explain all the useless jingles that still haunt my brain....

Bababababa, I'm hatin it.... >_<
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    i do it every weekend with beer..