Apple Cider - Who does it???

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2011 in Life
I'm on my 3rd blottle of rapple cider, Cupla stella arrr-ta....what ever the fuck it's called beer before it & after (I hope).
Scrumpys Strong Cider. 1.25L of 8.2% Joy.
What's your poison?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd blottle of rapple cider, Cupla stella arrr-ta....what ever the fuck it's called beer before it & after (I hope).
    Scrumpys Strong Cider. 1.25L of 8.2% Joy.
    What's your poison?

Cider is my economy booze of choice, good when its cold on a hot day too. It can give some pretty ripping heartburn though, so keep the pepto handy. I honestly don't understand the point of drinking Colt 45 when you can have a bottle of cheap ass cider for the same price, and it tastes better with the same alcohol content.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Cider is my drink of choice at the moment.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Cider is my economy booze of choice, good when its cold on a hot day too. It can give some pretty ripping heartburn though, so keep the pepto handy. I honestly don't understand the point of drinking Colt 45 when you can have a bottle of cheap ass cider for the same price, and it tastes better with the same alcohol content.
    Have you tried half Blackberry nip with half Apple cider.......Pure orgasmic dude.
    Scrumpys isn't very sweet. Kind of Medium dry....ya know. Doesn't really give you that heart burn feeling. I drink those bourbon pre-mixers, they give me heartburn pretty bad. I always put it down to the amount of sugar in them.
    :(
    edited July 2011
    Cider is my drink of choice at the moment.
    What cider do you normally buy Dak bro?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    What cider do you normally buy Dak bro?

Whatever is cheapest at the time.
    edited July 2011
    Whatever is cheapest at the time.
    Lol! Understandable enough reply bro....:D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    English people love their Cider. It's pretty damn nice on a hot day and I get what you mean about heartburn, CO. I barely get it but some Magners really fucked me up once.
    That said, hammock, ipod, book and a cider in the back yard FTW.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I love the stuff. Woodpecker is nice :D
    edited July 2011
    I love it. Tried Strawberry cider? It's fucking fantastic
    Oh! Fuck Yes! Never tried it but it sounds fucking delicious.
    edited July 2011

That sounds great :D I'll look out for it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Ohhh AND they are fucking lush! Also the new Stella Cidre' is pretty sweet.
    edited July 2011
    If you have a particularly sweet tooth, go for Kopparburg. Was pretty awesome stuff when I used to drink it. Also at 4.0 to 4.5 it was pretty awesome stuff to get drunk on, you could just keep drinking them all night...

koppaberg1.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    I really like my cider, it's probably my favorite drink of choice when I'm at home or I want to get drunk without going to the pub. If I'm on a cheap budget then I'll buy 2 liters of Crofters, a really cheap cider which tastes just like Strongbow but at £1.95 a bottle! Bargain if you ask me. If I'm being bought cider then I'll get Magners as it's nice and tasty. Really not a fan of Kopparberg as it always makes me sober up, for some fucked up reason. I also enjoy a glass of Magners when I'm at a restaurant as it goes really nicely with my food.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011

I mixed in some feijoa vodka in with some the other morning, was fucking brilliant, like a boozy fruit cocktail.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited July 2011
    Strawberry-cider_4.01.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1290195692066

Keep an eye out though, they're well worth it

Had a couple the other week at the movies whilst watching transformers, loved them, they made a shit film better.
    Infact I love drinking at the movies, but more so when its a kids movie.
  • edited July 2011
    After reading this thread, I am feeling a little annoyed at the lack of good cider around here. Obviously cider in other parts of the world is a lot more refined than the 7%, usually artificially flavored, stuff at the local liquor store. I am going to try a couple of the specialty stores to see if they have anything more refined.
  • edited July 2011

Blackthorn's another popular cheap cider in the UK, and it's also stocked right next to the Crofters and Strongbow so if your local supermarket is out of stock on either item, there's always something else to choose from. Unfortunately there's a price jump of about £1.50 between Crofters and either Strongbow or Blackthorn, so if you're on the budget of a homeless man then you might have problems.