Time travel?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I hate to be anachronistic, but something doesn't quite look right here. Maybe he's ahead of his time or whatever, but check it out.

Link.

Full size pic.
IrZ.jpg

Comments

• tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited May 2011
    Those shades look appropriate for that time period.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    Seems legit? What's that on his hands? A camera?
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited May 2011
    That whole pic is borked .
    look at how big that dudes head is,and everything around him don't fit right.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited May 2011
    I've seen pics like this before. Like the Charlie Chaplin film where the woman walks past talking on her cellphone.
  • SpaceSpace Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2011
    The Picture is real, it was found in a museum.

Here is a link talking about it.

http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo/
  • FlyTendenciesFlyTendencies Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Doubt it. Probably some really weird guy from the 1940s, I mean the camera hes holding is suitable for the time period. The only thing out of place is his hair and shades.
  • pedicatiopedicatio Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    I've seen pics like this before. Like the Charlie Chaplin film where the woman walks past talking on her cellphone.

This picture is probably not what people think it is. You can't clearly see the cellphone. It seems like she's talking to herself, but then again lots of crazy people do that all the time and we can't vouch for her sanity.
  • edited July 2011
    I've seen those glasses before, or something similar anyway. I was on a bus, stopping by the hospital and a guy who got off was wearing those glasses. I think they're designed to filter out UV light or something as the lenses were made out of a colored glass (yellow I think) and the black bits on the edges were to block out light from either side, I assume. I dunno if they'd be invented back in that day though.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    If you zoom the clothing looks period just casual compared to the jackets, hats, and ties everyone else was wearing. Even his hair style fits with the times. He may have been a college student from the looks of the M on his sweater that he is wearing under the fleece collared jacket he has on.

The other thing is that nobody in the photo is staring at him. Can you imagine the looks you would get if you traveled from the 60's to the 40's and wore a Nehru jacket with hip hugger bell bottom Levis? Do you think if you stood in a crowd at a bridge opening people might stare at you and whisper? Or would they just all stand and look at a bridge?
  • pedicatiopedicatio Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    The other thing is that nobody in the photo is staring at him. Can you imagine the looks you would get if you traveled from the 60's to the 40's and wore a Nehru jacket with hip hugger bell bottom Levis? Do you think if you stood in a crowd at a bridge opening people might stare at you and whisper? Or would they just all stand and look at a bridge?
    I like your thinking!:thumbsup:
  • MiranMiran Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    I'm assuming you guys are talking about the guy with the "M" Logo shirt?

Looks like either welders goggles or aviation goggles. Both look very similarly.
  • BonnieCobbBonnieCobb New Arrival
    edited August 2011
    Has anyone considered that maybe he is a time traveler, but one wearing period clothes which were as similar as possible to the clothes he wore in his own time period? For comfort, you know.