Dealing with a mentally handicapped individual.

LordWormLordWorm Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Alright, so long story short, I went over to a neighbor's house to help with some mechanical repairs on an ATV, and ended up meeting his son, who is roughly my age. I haven't lived at this residence for long, so I wasn't previously aware that he even existed.

At first the son seemed somewhat normal - A little absent minded, but no red flags were immediately raised. However, after spending another 10 minutes around his place, I quickly discovered that this kid is a FULL retard. Memory of a goldfish, attention span of a 3 year old, complete lack of social knowledge/understanding, and no learning/reasoning capability whatsoever. By my estimation he's about 22, has no driver's license (Not even a learners permit), and is still taking high school classes. Despite his assertion of knowing everyone in the neighborhood, his parents and sister all confirm that he has zero friends. I couldn't find a single reason to associate with this guy in any capacity, so I got the fuck out as quickly as I could.

Now, by some miracle, he managed to figure out where my house is, and he won't fucking leave me alone. 4-5 times per day he shows up asking me if I want to hang out, and at each instance I tell him I'm busy and can't do anything for the rest of the day. I ended up getting frustrated and giving the fucktard my cell number so he can call that and stop annoying my family multiple times per day, but it only took him about 2 days to lose the piece of paper (Which I had to write the number on, since he couldn't recall a simple 7 character sequence effectively enough to write it down himself, even after I recited it multiple times), and now he's back at the door. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now, and the breaking point for me was when he randomly walked into my house uninvited, claiming that he lost his keys and couldn't get into his own house. I almost fucking lost it, but then I realized that this imbecile standing in the middle of my living room really didn't know any better, and was completely incapable of comprehending the source of my anger and frustration. He's been around 7-8 times since then and won't fucking take the hint that I want nothing to do with someone who has an IQ that's literally half of my own.

So Totse, how the fuck do I deal with this situation? I don't want to tell him to go fuck himself, because the cognitively handicapped are highly unpredictable, and he may attempt to sabotage my brand new car which is sitting in the driveway. I'm on good terms with his parents, so I could talk to them, but I fear that may have the same effect as the first option. Burning down his house and/or killing him is also out of the question, as the connection would be too obvious. TBH I'm really not looking for criminal solutions such as framing him for possession of hard drugs or similar; I'd rather simply divert his attention to something other than... well, me.

If all else fails, I'm going to beat his head in with a baseball bat and deal with the murder charges.

Comments

• PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    Either just reason with his parents that the constant bothering of your family isn't acceptable. Orrr make up something about it acerbating your 'condition' and then stare them in the eyes, add a distinctively rapey glint if you can.

That or go away for a few weeks and I'm sure it'll break his routine of wanting to latch onto you.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    Tell his parents you're a registered sex offender.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    use that retard strength he has and turn him into your own personal fighting machine.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited August 2011
    Do a rape
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited August 2011
    First, have fun giving him a homebrew vasectomy. There is no reason we should let him breed. If I were you I'd steal some female hormones and give them to him just to laugh my ass off at the budding dumboobs but I digress.

Serious answer:

Ahem. Aside from moving away or doing extreme things, kindly remind him that he's tresspassing. If you say the cops might take him away if he comes back without having his parents let you know might ingrain it in his brain. And, if he constantly asks his parents his parents might not actually ask you after the 100th time.

Will edit if I think of something else.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited August 2011
    say that your mom doesn't like him and you can't hang out with him. My parents always let me blame shit on them.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    If you had letterboxes like we do in the UK, I'd say put a shotgun through it.
    That aside, just be honest and say you aren't interested. You've got too many women and he'd fuck your chances up.

Honesty is the best policy.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Murder him
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited August 2011
    Posting here you should be used to dealing with retards by now.

But honedtly, I think you should just take an hour a week to spend some time with him, even if its just playing video games or something.
    Try and get him involved in some hobby so that he forgets about you?
    Are there any charitys around you that deal with people with learning disablitys, maybe they could help this guy out and give him some more freedom and responablity.

You say you havent lived there long, so it would make you look good to the other neighbours, plus you said he had a sister, is she hot?
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited August 2011
    Posting here you should be used to dealing with retards by now.

But honedtly, I think you should just take an hour a week to spend some time with him, even if its just playing video games or something.
    Try and get him involved in some hobby so that he forgets about you?
    Are there any charitys around you that deal with people with learning disablitys, maybe they could help this guy out and give him some more freedom and responablity.

You say you havent lived there long, so it would make you look good to the other neighbours, plus you said he had a sister, is she hot?
  • edited August 2011
    Lmao - I feel for you. I had a similar problem until about a month ago. I sold some computer parts to this guy and he asked if he could come by my house to pick them up and seeing how close he lived I said OK. The moment I met him I knew there was a problem. He went on and on about random shit in his life and took an 'interest' in me. He would come round to the house every few days and not wanting to face him, I told my mom or dad to go out each time and tell him I'm away. Then the phone cals started. Almost every evening. I emailed his brother and told him to please tell him to stop, but he obviously didn't pass on the message. It got so bad that I'd go into a panic every time the phone rang at that time. Eventually my mom asked me if he was wanting a gay relationship. I'd been fearing this but hearing it aloud was the final straw. The next time he phoned I lost it and told him in no uncertain terms to fuck off permanently.

It's been about 6 weeks now with no furthur contact from him, but I still cringe when the doorbell or phone rings. If it does happen again I'm getting a restraining order.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited August 2011
    Talk to his parents and tell them that you know he's got problems but he cant continue harassing you like this; if he's handicapped in a mental capacity then they're responsible for him.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    use that retard strength he has and turn him into your own personal fighting machine.

This. Use him to start a fight club. He might get his ass kicked at first but eventually he'll snap and pull a Lennie Small.