Walking is Fun

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
[NOT FUCKING REALLY]

So, me and raven needed to go out for some job interview but raven car got fucked up and we decided to go on our bicycles but mine was fucked. We decided to just walk. It was a good decision at first. One thing me and share is out love for walking and just doing this on our own. We don't have any issues with walking for kms. But the boots were wore WERE A BITCH. My boots are shit and raven was wearing US Military spec boots. My fucking feet hurt like hell, it's been like this for a week and I feel like fucking raped shit.

Anyway, I am going to get some decent shoes in future. FUCK PAKISTANI SHOES!

Recommend me some comfortable boots etc.

Comments

• jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Love to walk but i cant help you in the boots department. Never wore them and prolly never will unless a future employment requires me to do so.
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited July 2011
    Walking is a good way to clear the mind, that's why I like it.

Also, does it have to be boots? They make plenty of good shoes made just for walking/running, that seems like a better choice than boots......
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    Walking is a good way to clear the mind, that's why I like it.

Also, does it have to be boots? They make plenty of good shoes made just for walking/running, that seems like a better choice than boots......

Well, we didn't plan to walk, we were forced into it. The running shoes I have are really breaking apart. Footwear in Pakistan is 3rd class in every way. It's cheap but don't expect miracles.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2011
    Do you ever consider buying footware from outside the country. I know it is a lot more expensive but I have no idea what you are capable of.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Magnum boots, yo! That said, a good pair of boots requires a good breaking-in, so prepare for a week of walking with bloody, blistered feet.
    It's all smooth sailing from then on.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    How the fuck did raven get milspec boots?! :mad: Did he take em off a dead American? :angry:

Makes you wonder....
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    gotta wear boots so you dont step in the camel dung.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited August 2011
    Costco's Kirkland brand of sneakers (Court Classic they're called?) are great once you break them in. There not built extremely well but aren't too bad, and once they wear down a bit they're a joy to walk in with thin socks.