Metalic Taste in Mouth

blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
edited August 2011 in Life
Sometimes when i meditate, or am practicing mindfulness, I find I have a metallic taste on the back of my tongue. I dont really know how to describe it but it sort of reminds me of the feeling you get from licking a battery. Anyone get this before?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2011
    You should probably not lick batteries to induce a meditative state.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited August 2011
    It could be the taste of your saliva, if you eat a lot of stuff with iron in it. Or, you could be bleeding ever so slightly and tasting that, and when meditating you end up noticing it in the same way you can faintly hear your heartbeat when it's dead quiet.
  • edited August 2011
    That's interesting. I think it could be all in your head though, it's not hard to replicate tastes in your mouth if you think about it enough. When you notice the taste next time, try and change it to burgers and see what happens :D
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited August 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    That's interesting. I think it could be all in your head though, it's not hard to replicate tastes in your mouth if you think about it enough. When you notice the taste next time, try and change it to burgers and see what happens :D

I'm not really thinking about tastes when this happens, it just sort of happens spontaneously

Also, I dont think I'm bleeding; I figure if its enough that i taste it that mucha nd for that long I'd be able to spit some out, yet there isnt any.

Thanks for the input everyone
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    u could be generating a small electric charge some how

blood is a big cause of metal taste i used to have so much iron in my blood that if i was bleeding from somewhere on my body i could smell it before i felt it

or maybe you have an alien implant that leaks from your teeth/throat when meditation jk
  • MaxstatsMaxstats Regular
    edited August 2011
    Could mean you're about to have a seizure...
  • Mudokon FarmerMudokon Farmer Acolyte
    edited August 2011