Toys 'R' Us

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Toys 'R' Us was, and always will be an amazing place in my heart. In my childhood I would often sit in the car outside the bright, wonderous store listening to Oxide and Neutrino. Going there I'd marvel at the latest electronic gadgets in the late 90s. That also goes for Lego and Duplo. Pirate and Star Wars sets plus a child-like wonder is one of the things that takes me back to my childhood. The only comparable thing would be IKEA when I was younger.
Did you get any good toys from Toys 'R' Us? Or have any fond memories? I just go there to throw balls around and try to feel younger nowadays :(
Also nostalgia thread - what makes these things Nostalgic for you?

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    Toys R Us = Easiest store to shoplift from.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Well they don't have them in Pakistan.
  • edited August 2011
    Everytime I used to go into the city with my parents when I was a little kid, I'd see Toys 'R' Us sitting there before we'd get in the car... That place was like heaven to me. It was a massive warehouse full of amazing stuff. I used to run around, checking out the new stuff on the shelves and then I'd play the keyboards and play with other things too. Fuck, I loved it! The smell, the lights, the blue floor, the everything. As for getting toys... I'm pretty sure that a lot of stuff I've asked for at Christmas has come from Toys 'R' Us. God damn it, now I have the theme tune stuck in my head :mad:
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    thats where i got most my tmnt and spawn stuff to bad they dont sell anything like spawn any more there
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    I used to work there as an overnight shelf stocker my senior year of high school. Loved the employee discount and would abuse it to buy friends of mine video games for 5 bucks over the discount price along with getting a game a day or two before it was released. I miss that job.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    I was in Toys 'R' Us a couple weeks ago for the first time in ages. Reminded me of how much I loved that store as a kid even though I rarely was bought anything from there. I almost ended up buying some Lego's because I miss playing with them. :(
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2011
    Just a year ago several of us would make weekly excursions down to Toys 'R' Us just to play with the foam swords and shields they had. Then one day the swords and shields were gone and we cried for the rest of the week. But it truly is a magical place.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Toys R Us = Easiest store to shoplift from.

Oh yes, definitely.

I love Toys R Us. The toys nowadays are amazing compared to what we had when we were kids. The store is always crowded b/c you can actually play/try out the displays.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    I haven't been in the one here for years, ever since me and a few friends were banned because of an incident involving a Power Wheels barbie jeep and a skateboard ramp. :(

FAO Shwartz is a million times better though, I have a pic of me in there inside a huge like 50 foot tall trojan horse, it was awesome. Also playing one of those GIANT pianos, So much cooler.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    one day i was near a computer and it had a screensaver on it but wouldnt let you get off the screensaver with out the pass so i hit ctrl alt delete and closed the screen saver and i was in the sytems that showed all the prices ect

oh and the huge toys r us signs are realy easy to turn off from the outsite just like target and most fast food
    at fast food places u can even turn off the drive through menu
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    Because I'm basically poor, I don't have a good story about being inside Toys'R'Us...But when I was younger we discovered the Toys'R'Us 'defective items dumpster'.

2 week out of date choc-orange never tasted so sweet.

Also,white88enochian...your broken sig makes me think of colouring books.
    I fucking sucked at colouring as a kid.
    I don't need your conformist lines and I don't need your sympathy, kindergarten teacher.
  • edited August 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Duplo.

Lol. I remember that stuff from preschool.