What parts do I need?

HampTheTokerHampTheToker Semo-Regulars
edited August 2011 in Man Cave
I was in a fender bender a while ago and am only now able to buy the parts and cover the costs of repairing the damage, but I don't know exactly what all parts I should get to repair this damage. I was hoping to save a few bucks by buying on ebay. Anyway, I have some pics if anyone would like to help a noob find the parts he needs. It would probably help if I added that my car is a '95 Corolla. Obviously, a hood is probably the first thing I need to get.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

100_1242.jpg
100_1235.jpg
100_1243.jpg
100_1247.jpg

Comments

• HampTheTokerHampTheToker Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    Hammer the frame back as straight as you can get it. Then buy a hood, front bumper, radiator fan, and you might need a new hood latch.
  • HampTheTokerHampTheToker Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    The bumper doesn't seem damaged at all on the exterior...but the interior is a different matter. I think I probably need a grill and passenger side blinker. My main question, I guess, was whether or not I needed to replace the frame instead of bending it back.

I also need hinges for the hood because those were sheared off when the hood high fived my windshield at 50mph. Looks like I'll have to remove both front quarter panels just to reach those hinges.

Anyone willing to risk a guess what the parts alone will cost me?
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    Check the local junk yards and you might be able to find all the parts pretty cheap.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    Unless you can paint, weld carbodywork and chassis work and have acess to a parts car, it will cost a fair bit in consumables, trim, clips, paint etc. I would be putting £120 ($200) in the piggybank for shit like that alone. Even if you find a car to take parts from, all the trim and clips will be 15 years old and will break / stuck / rusted / look like shit against new paint.

The panel I would buy, I would not be optomistic about getting a pattern part, so you would have to go to the dealer, but I can be wrong. I would be guessing a price at that, but comparing to what I have got for my money for other toyota panels, I would budget £250 ($400) for a dealer part, maybe £100 ($160) for a patern part.

Thats if you do it all yourself and get a parts car.

Its more than likely that car has lots of other damage. If I had a car that damged, the steering and suspension would be thouroughly inspected and anything that looked less than A1 would be replaced, which would also mean some bolts, nuts and bushes if taking shit apart. I would not do any of that until the car had been on a jog however - I would want all of the major datum points checked to make sure the rest of the car was not a banana.

Putting crashed cars back together takes a bit more than making them look OK. I have seen seats belly floors up in only moderate speed crashes - how smashed up is the rest of the car?

How much is it worth if its not as fucked as it is?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Can we have a pic behind the left hand headlight near the battery.
    (Did a repair recently with similar damage)
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited July 2011
    you should have put that money towards better insurance so next time you fuck up it will cover your piece

of shit car.

:) you're welcome

oh, Bump!
  • bencomodarrenbencomodarren Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    I was in a fender bender a while ago and am only now able to buy the parts and cover the costs of repairing the damage, but I don't know exactly what all parts I should get to repair this damage. I was hoping to save a few bucks by buying on ebay. Anyway, I have some pics if anyone would like to help a noob find the parts he needs. It would probably help if I added that my car is a '95 Corolla. Obviously, a hood is probably the first thing I need to get.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

100_1242.jpg
    100_1235.jpg
    100_1243.jpg
    100_1247.jpg

I saw the pictures, too bad for your car to have that damage. since your priority for now is the hood for your car right? me before i tried to find parts for my car and ask for others help, since my problem is now resolved and my car seems to be alright, i can help you find parts for your car, the better and a cheaper since it's a '95 series corolla. if you don't mind, what type of hood you want? do you want the usual hood for the 95 series corolla? or customize hood? i'll tell you how much are those parts that i canvass and also i'll take pictures of them so that you're gonna pick which one would you like.

looking forward to your response.

darren :cool:
  • SeitzySeitzy Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    Hood, Front panel, 2 new headlight units, wiring for the headlight units, new fan unit, possible new radiator. Hope you're good at welding, painting, and all other sorts of shit you aren't good at.

not to mention the shit all over your car that wasn't anywhere near the crash but is still fucked up. Suspension, exhaust, steering mechanisms.