You Do Not Have to Say the Pledge of Allegiance

JackJack Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943) that it is unconstitutional, on principles of freedom of religion, freedom of speech, due process, and equal protection, to compel anyone to salute the American Flag or to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

When I was in high school (I'm in my twenties) in Texas, the general belief was that students were required to stand, salute, and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. When challenged, staff would refer to "state law", by which they meant the Texas Education Code. This and any similar things in other states are, of course, superceded by the SCOTUS ruling. The section linked was added in 1995 and amended in 2003, despite a conflicting, trumping decision from long before.

I've been putting off writing something for this for several years. Now that I've finally gotten around to it, it came out nicely. I don't know if anyone's a student here or if it's just the same group of [former] kidiots, but I figured TOTSE would like it, anyway.

Comments

• JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Cut the shit. I know you're not an idiot so quit acting like one.

I said: "I found the Pledge to be:" -- this obviously means that what follows is my opinion. After elaborating the reasons for my decision not to stand and recite the Pledge, I proposed that people refuse to say it not for my personal reasons, but to increase awareness of and respect for the right.

If this were "old news" every high school I went to wouldn't have been full of teachers and ass principals who assumed I was required to recite the Pledge.

What do you do with yourself, General? Do you spend your life pretending to be a retard online? Does that help you get off at night?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Jack wrote: »

I've been putting off writing something for this for several years. Now that I've finally gotten around to it, it came out nicely. I don't know if anyone's a student here or if it's just the same group of [former] kidiots, but I figured TOTSE would like it, anyway.
    Cut the shit. I know you're not an idiot so quit acting like one.

I said: "I found the Pledge to be:" -- this obviously means that what follows is my opinion. After elaborating the reasons for my decision not to stand and recite the Pledge, I proposed that people refuse to say it not for my personal reasons, but to increase awareness of and respect for the right.

If this were "old news" every high school I went to wouldn't have been full of teachers and ass principals who assumed I was required to recite the Pledge.

What do you do with yourself, General? Do you spend your life pretending to be a retard online? Does that help you get off at night?

Talk about a retard, you can't even read what you write. The only place on this page the phrase "I found the Pledge to be" appears in in your second post. Also it is old news, really old news, being as the ruling is from 1943. Hell, I can recall in 1973 (in 6th grade) we had a classmate who was an American citizen but who's father as born in Canada. His name was Tony Smith and every morning he would refuse to recite the pledge stating that he was more loyal to Canada than the U.S. and that his father told him that according the the Supreme Court he did not have to.

So yeah Jack, who is the retard here?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    The only place on this page the phrase "I found the Pledge to be" appears in in your second post.

In the article, dumbshit, the motherfucking article. http://uiu.me/xSD.png
    So yeah Jack, who is the retard here?

That would be the state legislators who introduced code in 1995 that conflicted with a long-standing SCOTUS decision and the state full of people who never questioned or challenged it, even though it was supposedly well-known as recently as 1973 that no one has to say the Pledge if they don't want to. I wouldn't have taken the time to write all that shit if it were obvious, which is why I spent two paragraphs establishing that it isn't as well-known as it should be.
    edited August 2011
    It appears the only one it is not obvious to ITT is you. But then again the retard is always the last to know.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited August 2011
    In the article, dumbshit, the motherfucking article. http://uiu.me/xSD.png

That would be the state legislators who introduced code in 1995 that conflicted with a long-standing SCOTUS decision and the state full of people who never questioned or challenged it, even though it was supposedly well-known as recently as 1973 that no one has to say the Pledge if they don't want to. I wouldn't have taken the time to write all that shit if it were obvious, which is why I spent two paragraphs establishing that it isn't as well-known as it should be.

Apparently it wasn't obvious to you till you read this article and judging by the people that responded and now myself everyone but YOU knew this. Hell I never said the pledge but would get funny looks all the time for not reciting the pledge. I knew you didn't have to at age 9 and didn't say it until I joined the Military 9 years later in 2008. Now I'm out I am going to go back to refusing to say it. Its amazing what you can learn when you pay attention in school Jack. They taught this stuff back in third or fourth grade.

EDIT: Oh snap my other personality TheDarkRodent beat me to the punch.
    edited August 2011
    Darkhunter wrote: »
    Apparently it wasn't obvious to you till you read this article and judging by the people that responded and now myself everyone but YOU knew this. Hell I never said the pledge but would get funny looks all the time for not reciting the pledge. I knew you didn't have to at age 9 and didn't say it until I joined the Military 9 years later in 2008. Now I'm out I am going to go back to refusing to say it. Its amazing what you can learn when you pay attention in school Jack. They taught this stuff back in third or fourth grade.

EDIT: Oh snap my other personality TheDarkRodent beat me to the punch.

We do have to cut Jack some slack, after all he was raised in Texas and that is like having a disability.
    edited August 2011
    We do have to cut Jack some slack, after all he was raised in Texas and that is like having a disability.

True true. He was brainwashed into the Bible belt. Sad really... he never had a chance. I'd cry for him but hes most likely a cock sucking alter boy and you know how I dislike religion.
    edited August 2011
    Hell, he can not even figure out the correct forum to post this in. He wrote this article so it was not something he found on the web it is his political opinion. Anyone but a Texan could figure out that political opinion threads belong in News & Politics. :facepalm:
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    It appears the only one it is not obvious to ITT is you. But then again the retard is always the last to know.

Did I say anyone ITT didn't know this? Look who can't read now.*
    Apparently it wasn't obvious to you till you read this article

I wrote it, idiot. I've known this practically since I was on the internet but only more recently realized what a hopeless stupid twat everyone is that they need to be reminded of things like this, which shouldn't even need a SCOTUS ruling about it. Is the whole point to "educate" you as if you didn't know? No, the sort of person who goes on TOTSE would already know this. Maybe you'd be interested in the political opinion, or the writing per se, or the proposal.
    Hell, he can not even figure out the correct forum to post this in. He wrote this article so it was not something he found on the web it is his political opinion. Anyone but a Texan could figure out that political opinion threads belong in News & Politics.

You sure do talk a lot about failure at reading for someone who can't read.

oP.png

*Retard
    edited August 2011

I wrote it, idiot. I've known this practically since I was on the internet but only more recently realized what a hopeless stupid twat everyone is that they need to be reminded of things like this, which shouldn't even need a SCOTUS ruling about it. Is the whole point to "educate" you as if you didn't know? No, the sort of person who goes on TOTSE would already know this. Maybe you'd be interested in the political opinion, or the writing per se, or the proposal.

oP.png

*Retard

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    I do love these talks we have; your rebuttals are so eloquent and well-thought.
    edited August 2011

oP.png

*Retard

Really? Jack you should just leave this thread while you still have a shred of dignity. This shit blew up in your dumb Texas face and you are too stupid to grab a napkin and wipe it off.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    lol fuck off man, you think I come to TOTSE to give a shit about my e-dignity? Playing with mo-rons like you is too fun to quit. I think you're just mad 'cause you're wrong and a Texan is right.
    edited August 2011
    What, exactly are you right about here Jack? You were the only one ITT who did not know reciting the pledge of allegiance is mandatory. But yet you stroll in all full of yourself and your silly little article as if you had just discovered the secret to the disappearance of the Mayan culture. So please tell us what you are right about ITT?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    What, exactly are you right about here Jack? You were the only one ITT who did not know reciting the pledge of allegiance is mandatory. But yet you stroll in all full of yourself and your silly little article as if you had just discovered the secret to the disappearance of the Mayan culture. So please tell us what you are right about ITT?

You're funny. You think you're a "grand master troll" and what's your tactic? Making plainly false statements and hoping no one will think about them at all? Yeah that's real clever. :rolleyes:
    edited August 2011
    TDR don't bother. This is Tacho from Zoklet. He's a fail troll of the Communist Felon Nigger kind. He's :mad:
    edited August 2011
    You're funny. You think you're a "grand master troll" and what's your tactic? Making plainly false statements and hoping no one will think about them at all? Yeah that's real clever. :rolleyes:

That is poor diversion there Jack. I asked you what you were right about ITT and your only response is to reply to another thread.

So again, what are you right about ITT?
    edited August 2011
    TDR don't bother. This is Tacho from Zoklet. He's a fail troll of the Communist Felon Nigger kind. He's :mad:

He is not mad he is spitting nails LOL.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    That is poor diversion there Jack. I asked you what you were right about ITT and your only response is to reply to another thread.

So again, what are you right about ITT?

The fact that this thread belongs here according to the forum description.

How do you call yourself a troll? You didn't even realize I wrote the article until halfway through the thread. I thought good trolls were supposed to be smart.
    edited August 2011
    Give it up Tacho. Seriously man hows Communism treating you since you don't give a fuck about your thread?
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    It's all right, I don't have to keep up with the Joneskis anymore but it takes like an hour to get through the borscht line.
    edited August 2011
    In before the bourgeois lectures and how we should tax the rich to give to the slacker nigger poor like Tacho here.
    edited August 2011
    The fact that this thread belongs here according to the forum description.

How do you call yourself a troll? You didn't even realize I wrote the article until halfway through the thread. I thought good trolls were supposed to be smart.

Please point out where I ever called myself a troll there Tex. And posting an article you wrote and put on that shit excuse for a website that has to do with your personal political opinion does not belong in the forum regardless of your misinterpretation of the forum description.

But of course what can we expect from a dumbass Texan who just clued into what I have known since before your mom peed blood.
    edited August 2011
    Now that we have established where this belongs back to the politics. Any nation that hopes ti endure must have the support and allegiance of the people who reside in it. But since Jack is a communist who does not support the nation he was born in I would be happy to to kick in $2.00 for a one way plain ticket to the communist nation of his choice.

I challenge every member of Totse to match my $2.00. If just 360 members will donate $2.00 we can send him to China (one way) for Christmas.

jacks_trip.png
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    you dont even have to stand up national athem or pledge is being recited i had a lot of people sit down in high school just because i set down once

and on a nother time i held up the confederate battle flag
    edited August 2011
    Now that we have established where this belongs back to the politics. Any nation that hopes ti endure must have the support and allegiance of the people who reside in it. But since Jack is a communist who does not support the nation he was born in I would be happy to to kick in $2.00 for a one way plain ticket to the communist nation of his choice.

I challenge every member of Totse to match my $2.00. If just 360 members will donate $2.00 we can send him to China (one way) for Christmas.

jacks_trip.png

If it means getting rid of Tacho I'll donate 50.00 dollars.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Please point out where I ever called myself a troll there Tex. And posting an article you wrote and put on that shit excuse for a website that has to do with your personal political opinion does not belong in the forum regardless of your misinterpretation of the forum description.

But of course what can we expect from a dumbass Texan who just clued into what I have known since before your mom peed blood.

bjo.png

Hey can you guys send me to Russia instead? I hear Pburg is nice.
    edited August 2011
    bjo.png

Hey can you guys send me to Russia instead? I hear Pburg is nice.

Russia is not communist anymore you brain dead wanna be Texan.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, but I can probably find some bumfuck city that doesn't know that yet.
    edited August 2011

100.00 dollars to get rid of this Communist Felon Nigger.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011

:facepalm:
    If it means getting rid of Tacho I'll donate 50.00 dollars.

I'll donate $100 to get rid of him.
    edited August 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    I'll donate $100 to get rid of him.

I changed how much I would donate too. So now its 200 dollars to get rid of that crazy Felon Communist Nigger as well.
    edited August 2011
    You guys can send your donations this way, they will be used to "rid" of this tacho niggertwat.

Bullets or assembly of a rifle?
    edited August 2011
    You guys can send your donations this way, they will be used to "rid" of this tacho niggertwat.

Donation sent. Hopefully, others will contribute as well. He needs to go ASAP. :angry:
    edited August 2011
    I will accept both, but I have all the required materials, just need some gas money to drive to niggerville. :thumbsup:

If you find it please let me know. You might get gang raped and contract GRIDS from Tacho and I'll be your backup with my pistol and rifle.
  • NightshadeNightshade Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    The pledge...eh no big deal. Honestly the only time I've ever done the pledge was in grade school. Middle school and high school I don't remember citing the pledge even once. Even then in grade school it was a routine.

Now the National Anthem you better stand your ass up and respect that.
    edited August 2011
    Nightshade wrote: »
    Now the National Anthem you better stand your ass up and respect that.

And what if I don't?
    edited August 2011
    I will not get that close to him voluntarily, all I need is 300 yards and a clear line of sight.

This isn't happening fast enough. I can't stand him being on the same continent as me for much longer.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    You could pay to send me to Chile instead. I've always wanted to go live a simple life of cheap avocados and Chilean hospitality.
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    Article reads like a ramble and your sentence structure is pretty terrible in parts.I'm not an American so I couldn't give less of a fuck about your inalienable right to be a teenage hero, the core of the post was interesting enough I guess.But yeah, that shit you said about the police...that's mostly retarded and unrelated. Gives the impression that you're more of a butthurt Anarcho-communist than you probably are.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey, thanks for the review there. I like how you showed me what sentences have poor structure to demonstrate your point, because that would have been a pretty weak statement on its own. I also found your explanation of why the bit about the police was unrelated to be quite fascinating. I learned a lot from it, thanks. I'm glad you're not one of those people who says vague things and never backs them up. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2011
    Your article sucks for some reasons.
    edited August 2011
    Your article sucks for some reasons.

Its because hes a nigger.
    edited August 2011
    BTW, why do we think Jack is Tach?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    I never said the pledge in high/middle school, but they would chew you the fuck out if you didn't stand up. I wasn't stupid enough to challenge it, but I've seen a couple of brave peers decide that sitting down was more pleasurable than standing up, only to see them verbally destroyed by a misshapen, blonde forty year old teacher who knows disrespect when she sees it.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Yep, disrespect it is. I did it because I don't respect the Pledge. The people I saw were also verbally destroyed, but only because they lacked substance and conviction in their ideals. They hadn't thought it through well enough to argue with such a silly statement. Of course they don't respect the Pledge, the flag, the country, or all of the above! If they did, they probably wouldn't have such a problem with standing.
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey, thanks for the review there. I like how you showed me what sentences have poor structure to demonstrate your point, because that would have been a pretty weak statement on its own. I also found your explanation of why the bit about the police was unrelated to be quite fascinating. I learned a lot from it, thanks. I'm glad you're not one of those people who says vague things and never backs them up. :thumbsup:

I'm not your English teacher, cunt.
    I'll humour you though, just in case you'll manage to take some criticism and not be a sarcastic bag of dicks.
    There is little that the people here have in common, but that they were born here and speak the language
    Passive syntax, reads poorly.
    Your whole piece is riddled with passive syntax; it reads broken.
    Police departments have become gangs who protect only their own, beat and kill people when they exercise their right not to be searched for no reason, and in general do whatever they want to us and get away with it.

I'm glad you're not one of those people who says vague things and never backs them up.
    Do this for yourself and for your neighbor; do this for those who will later be in your place; do this to make others think for themselves.
    Holy run on semicolons batman!.

The police part, you've already seen and replied to in a much better way on your blog.
    There are many more legitimate police who do a legitimate job.You can't blame a social institution for the inherent human faults that will inevitably manifest.It's the same in every fucking country in the world, people abuse power.You cannot screen for this.You can't tell a tree has shit genetics until you let it grow, then you cut it down.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Plebert wrote: »
    I'm not your English teacher, cunt.
    I'll humour you though, just in case you'll manage to take some criticism and not be a sarcastic bag of dicks.

Hey, pointing out specifics is the burden you take on when you decide to criticize something like this.
    Passive syntax, reads poorly.
    Your whole piece is riddled with passive syntax; it reads broken.

I didn't find so many as to called it "riddled" but I did find several unnecessary uses of the passive voice. There are some there that I would defend as necessary, the subject being indeterminate, but some could do with rewriting.
    I'm glad you're not one of those people who says vague things and never backs them up.

If you mean the last bit, that was really just an "etc." sort of thing. One can find plenty of stories about the police doing horrid things and never properly answering for them. I wasn't going to list *all* of them because that was the point of only the one paragraph. But, now that you mention it, I think I might find more stories and link each word in the last clause to a story, because I think it's funny when people do that.
    Holy run on semicolons batman!

A semicolon is how you join independent clauses without using a conjunction or making a separate sentence. I thought that separate sentences might seem too repetitive, and that the semicolons would help it flow better, while the last sentence separated its concept from the others, and provided a sense of finality. Any idea how I can accomplish that better?
    The police part, you've already seen and replied to in a much better way on your blog.
    There are many more legitimate police who do a legitimate job.You can't blame a social institution for the inherent human faults that will inevitably manifest.It's the same in every fucking country in the world, people abuse power.You cannot screen for this.You can't tell a tree has shit genetics until you let it grow, then you cut it down.

It's true that there are legitimate police, but I think they lose credibility as such, in that they fail to take action against the ones who aren't legitimate. If there are abusive/corrupt police, the honest ones do nothing to stop them, and the judicial system -- to be fair, not always -- supports them in their violations of human rights, how can one say that we should only blame the corrupt police? They are the origin of the problem, but many groups are to blame for its continuation. I think it's also true that power corrupts. Maybe it is as impossible as you imply that this sort of thing will happen. In any case, I only meant to say that the current state of the legal and law enforcement systems in the U.S. doesn't seem to support the claim of liberty and justice.

Thanks.
    edited August 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    BTW, why do we think Jack is Tach?

On trt chat a username by the name of Jack admitted to me he was Tacho and then a user by the name of Jack on here acts like Tacho. *Waiting for bourgeois and race wars to be sure however.* That and he doesn't deny it.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2011
    Oh, is that how like if someone sues you and you don't show up, you automatically lose?

Well, seeing as how I'm not risking anything here, it's at least fun to let you guys think it.