Ambient and Instrumental Music Dedication Thread

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I love instrumental and Ambient music. Today on codelove I was gaying the place up when the conversation changed to music after kissing and making up, bandito and I, yes me the great GREAT Dfg shared some artists. It seems we both like ambient music. So, thanks to him I decided to just dedicate a thread to it.

Lzn02

I first heard his album when I created an account a website called www.jamendo.com they offer free download of various artists. You can find all his albums there for free. The Album was called FAR and it was released in 2009.10.02 and I think I downloaded it in 2010 or 2009 (I can't remember). I listened to it and I said meh. But just a few weeks ago when I was looking for some background music I found his album deep inside my folders.

So, I played the first track and I was blown away.

It was different and you could yourself using that song in so many scenes, like a guy walking to a cliff and jumping off or someone drowning in space. I downloaded all his albums (they're free) and I think the FAR one was amazing but the rest aren't that bad.

Emancipator

Bandito linked me this track and boy I was having a hard time keeping my mental boner down. This is just amazing. They have two albums or maybe more but I am going to download them and keep the hitting the damn replay button. It's just THAT good.

He did that song when he 19!

I am going to add more and more artists here. But this is just a start. If you listen to THIS type of music, don't be shy and just share it. I listen to ambient music because it gives me a sense of inner peace, it's like the music is actually speaking to me, the wave the frequency goes up and down and the way everything just merges together just makes everything seems clear to me.

I do enjoy Anime OST as well.

I love Brake Blade OST instrumental songs. And there are other Anime which feature great instrumental tracks.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011

Proem- Invisible for all, wow it's just so sweet..... Thanks to bandito
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2011
    explosions in the sky. they are fucking great
  • banditobandito Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2011
    For my contribution...

Explosions in the Sky
    They are an instrumental/post-rock band from Texas and everything they do is gorgeous.
    Usually their songs have a really long build up and a peak towards the end.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Yet another post-rock band, this time from Canada. Their tracks are usually a lot longer. There is one that's a full half-hour.
    They tend to divide each song into 'movements' on some albums. There's also more vocal samples. You have to be patient, though!

Tycho
    Tycho is an ambient/electronica/idm project. Very relaxing and usually cheery. I <3 this track especially.

port-royal
    Italian ambient band. They tend to infuse ambient electronic noises with organic sounds like singing/background voices. It seems that most of their albums are very European-themed, from the song titles and videos they produce (which are all beautiful by the way)

Proem
    Proem is Richard Bailey, an electronic music producer from Texas. He is also a web designer. His music is usually very warm and crunchy. I think his synthesizer tones are very unique. He manages to chop beats up and make them sound 'softer' than other musicians in his style. He is my probably my favorite electronic musician.

Secede
    Secede is another electronic ambient/idm producer. If you want to download an album, I suggest "Tryshasla".
    Songs -> Landscapes -> Rich auditory textures -> Emotions

Kettel
    Kettel is Reimer Eising, a Dutch producer.
    He makes music made of joy and blingblongs. He produced the synthline in that Secede track I just linked.

I'll post more, and in more varied styles once this thread gets a few replies. I don't wanna run out of ideas (as if that were possible)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited August 2011
    God is an Astronaut make great ambient instrumental music, I would suggest checking them out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    God is an Astronaut make great ambient instrumental music, I would suggest checking them out.
    For a moment there I thought you were talking about the real GOD. But then I Googled it.

Eargasm achieved.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Awesome thread. Never listened to that kind of stuff before :)
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    I think you may have just turned me to ambient music in like, 12 seconds. Great :D
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    The flashbulb, brilliant stuff.
    If you liked Emancipator dfg, chances are you'll love this.

Though not strictly instrumental, the vocals certainly aren't even close to the focus.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Fuck, I should do a torrent compilation. Thanks Plebert
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Fuck, I should do a torrent compilation. Thanks Plebert

If you do happen to make a torrent compilation, I have truckloads of this style of music (it's the type of music I tend to make)
    I'd be more than willing to contribute time and effort into making it the best goddamn playlist ever.

Isn't/wasn't there a totse.info radio station...If so, this playlist now has it's forum as well.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Plebert wrote: »
    If you do happen to make a torrent compilation, I have truckloads of this style of music (it's the type of music I tend to make)
    I'd be more than willing to contribute time and effort into making it the best goddamn playlist ever.

Isn't/wasn't there a totse.info radio station...If so, this playlist now has it's forum as well.

We're working on the podcast, I was thinking of making a torrent for myself like finding the files and make a collection. But if you have the songs already, then share some love. I am pretty sure we can make something out of it.
  • PlebertPlebert Regular
    edited August 2011
    I will see what I can put together for you, I'm about $194 short of a ticket back home to Australia at the moment, which is where my hard-drive is. I'd say I'd have your torrent ready by next week :hai:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Plebert wrote: »
    I will see what I can put together for you, I'm about $194 short of a ticket back home to Australia at the moment, which is where my hard-drive is. I'd say I'd have your torrent ready by next week :hai:

Damn, I don't have money bro otherwise I would chip in :(