How to make a PVC stash tube in ten minutes or less.

angryonionangryonion Just some guy
edited October 2011 in Life
Today I found myself needing to hide something so built me a stash tube.
They are inexpensive and easy to make.
I used 3" pvc but depending on the size of what needs stashing you could go bigger or smaller.
List
3" cap
3" cleanout plug
3" female adapter
length of 3"pvc tube
pvc cleaner and glue they are usually sold as a set
plumbers paste.
P8130671-Copy.jpg
Clean the pvc and glue it up.
P8130673-Copy.jpg
P8130675-Copy.jpg
Pack the plumbers paste into the threads for a water proof seal.
Put your stash in and find a spot and bury it.
P8130676-Copy.jpg
Just don't let anyone see you diggin a hole.

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    That is pretty neat. :thumbsup: I could use one of those to put my money and reefers in.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I have always wondered about these as a good material is needed as well as being water and airtight. Fuck yeah, Uni stashes are no longer an issue!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    You mean the silicon packs, right? Makes sense.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    I believe you guys are talking about silica gel or silica sand, both of which sre commonly used desiccants.
  • edited August 2011
    Brilliant guide dude, I love reading this kind of thing. I really need to get around to making a stash tube for myself actually, I have some PVC laying around which I was going to make a potato cannon out of. Good work buddy, I'll get this onto the CMS in a minute :)
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited August 2011
    I believe you guys are talking about silica gel or silica sand, both of which sre commonly used desiccants.

Or use a tea light candle to take all the air out of it.

I was told of these being used in Aussie after an arms act change.
    Over 2million SKS rifles were imported, and less than 1/5 of those were handed in to the police when the law was changed. Most of the rest are said to be burried like this. Somebody told me they dug one up after 5 years and it fired first time.
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited August 2011
    Sweet guide! If only I had read this when I was hiding money earlier this year :( I ended up shoving it inside my speakers.
  • edited August 2011

You can also use plain and simple white rice. It does the same thing.

Edit:

Also while you're picking up the toobs and sticking things together why dont you make yourself an orange gun as well?
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    I built a tiny one entirely out of 3/4" PVC fittings, without needing any actual pipe. It was only about 5" long, and didn't have much interior space. I built it as a protective vault for blotter paper. Tighten the cap down and toss that fucker inside a big gulp cup full of ice...Keeps your stuff happy on a hot day.

I had this notion that I could build a two-chamber setup with a butterfly valve between them, then fill one chamber with HCL, an the other with whatever goods I had. Destruction of evidence would be a simple turn of a handle. I was afraid leakage might destroy my shit, so I didn't do that.

Protip: Attach some of the pieces together when you're at the hardware store. Most cashiers are totally ignorant, and will think a cluster of two or three fittings is just one fitting, saving you lots of money.