Shitty Phone Signal

edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Living out in the sticks is pretty nice overall, but the lack of decent network coverage is appalling. I have to place my phone in exactly the right position in my house in order to get signal, and whenever I pick it up to write a text or answer a phone call, the signal instantly drops to nothing. This means that when sending a text, I have to wait for anything up to 5 minutes to re-establish my signal before I can actually SEND the damn thing. Answering a phone call requires me to use the loudspeaker, which is also very annoying.

The reason for all this? The local council thinks that installing a phone mast nearby is a bad idea :facepalm: We have a fucking shitload of space in which a mast could be constructed, but for some reason they just won't do it. Must be because they're all a bunch of old age pensioners who don't even use mobile phones. They obviously don't use the internet either because you're lucky to get 4Mbps out here :thumbsdown:

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2011
    You have local councils like we do. If it's a rural property, they don't give a shit because the numbers are far & few apart to make a financial impact in their greedy assed sticky hands. ISPs have the same money mongering perspectives. Fuck them all! :mad:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Vodafone, motherfucker! I get coverage 99% of the time, the only place being my mates house like today where it's great to just be "off the grid" for a bit. His house is literally a huge faraday cage due to the metal levels in the brick.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited August 2011
    I feel your pain man. Its not as bad as yours but I can't make or recieve calls or texts from the lower level of my house. If I forget and take my phone with me downstairs I lose service, and then have to reset my phone. I don't live in the boonies either.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    They obviously don't use the internet either because you're lucky to get 4Mbps out here :thumbsdown:

Fuck im lucky if I get 1Mbps here. Normally its around 0.85 - 0.90Mbps, We can get wireless here but like fuck am I going to pay $80 a month for 1GB of data. Satellite isn't any better price wise. Even cellphone coverage is patchy inside even though the tower is visible from my house.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited August 2011
    mine got really shitty signal when i threw it against the wall. then i just started wearing foil hats, bars are off the chart!!!
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    My cell service isn't bad but my house line is VOIP & it's always going in & out. So irritating. :angry:
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2011
    No signal here at hq. However on the interstate it is usually 3-5 bars or none.
  • edited August 2011
    Seems that everyone has a little trouble with signal sometimes :( I guess that's just what you get for living in a world where everybody uses the signal, and there's all kinds of buildings and other interference in your way.