Working on Creating a Heavy Voice

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2011 in Life
Raven always bitched about this, it seems whenever I am using a Microphone or a fucking Phone my voice sounds high pitched. Accent and Word pronunciation is another thing but I hate it when my real voice gets fucked up. After recording a test podcast last night, I have tested to work on my vocal cords and make them more response while working my accent to speak the words more clearly.

This requires working with tongue twisters and working on vocal exercises. Anyone even done this before?

Tips, do I spit or swallow?

Comments

• fagfag Regular
    edited August 2011
    Practice singing like Pavarotti. That will help you develop low-range resonance. You can also say 'bong' and 'bing', but hold the 'nnngg' part, and push it as low as you can. Then just focus on enunciating clearly. If you wanna get high-tech you can analyze yourself with a spectogram.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Thanks man :)
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited August 2011
    once you hit puberty it will deepen your voice.

you're welcome!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    once you hit puberty it will deepen your voice.

you're welcome!

:facepalm:

It seems you need to reach puberty faster than me.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited August 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    do I spit or swallow?

Gurgle first.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    gurgle salt water its what people do to get a "metal" voice
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    I got my gravely voice because my mother fed me sawdust and gunpowder for breakfast.
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    I've had issues with this sometimes too. If I was a smoker I'd be fine...but since I'm not I just have to mentally tell myself use a deeper voice before I start talking. My other issue is that I'm usually a lot more tired than I think I am. The days where my voice is fucked up is usually when I'm 4-5 hours short on sleep.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2011
    Steroids are the only answer. They will help you grow some hair on your naked balls also.
  • IllAdvisedIllAdvised Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    Steroids are the only answer. They will help you grow some hair on your naked balls also.

Lol, don't be a pussy this guy sounds legit.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011

Speaking balls, where are yours? You came into TeamSpeak and didn't have enough sack to open your mouth.
  • edited August 2011
    Dfg, you should try doing some vocal excersizes or something. Stretch your boundaries, strengthen your vocal chords at pitch ranges which you don't usually use that often. Also, learn how to sing metal :D RAR RAR RARARR RAR etc etc. It's actually pretty fun.
  • edited August 2011
    My voice sounds very different to how it sounds to me. I don't like it.

I also imagined DFG to have a deeper, slower, smoother voice. For some reason I neved imagined him actually having such a typical Indian/Pakistani accent :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    My voice sounds very different to how it sounds to me. I don't like it.

I also imagined DFG to have a deeper, slower, smoother voice. For some reason I neved imagined him actually having such a typical Indian/Pakistani accent :D

I have a deeper and more smoother voice when I am shoving a dick up your ass. :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I actually found out in the bath that I can put my voice into such a low pitch, the whole room vibrates.
    I'd suggest the scales - as in trying to see how low your voice can comfortably go.
    We all know that you can imitate a 13 year old girl way too well...now try the opposite ;)
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    i just downlioaded a voice changer mite work for you