Nintendo64 to Handheld Console

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited August 2011 in Life
Who has a Nintendo64 accumulating dust within the far reaches of your closet?
Do something fucking cool with it...NOAW!
Amazing transformation of an old N64 into a handheld console.

From This:

01.jpg

To This:

71.jpg

All Images Here: > http://www.damnhangover.com/handheld-console-made-out-of-an-old-n64/

Comments

• CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    FUCKING KICK FuCKING ASS
  • edited July 2011
    That's probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life. Whats so good about playing single player on Goldeneye 64 though? :( Or does this thing have some way of playing multiplayer games?
    edited July 2011
    Play Aztec on 00 Agent difficulty
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    There are about five different ways to do this over at hackaday.

I'v been looking for an emulator console to plug into my TV for a while now. One that runs some form of linux with emulators for all the old consoles and a nice gui wrapper.

There's nothing out there yet. I could probably build one out of an old PC but it won't be as streamlined.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    That's probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life. Whats so good about playing single player on Goldeneye 64 though? :( Or does this thing have some way of playing multiplayer games?
    You don't have to play the installed game. You can pull it out of the cradle out the back and put in another cartridge. It plays all nintendo64 games. Don't know if it dual plays though.
  • EchidnaEchidna Regular
    edited July 2011
    Just spent an hour reading threads about these things at benheck forums. Seriously I want a gamecube portable and ps2 portable. Mainly gc because I sold that shit in late 07 to pay rent man i wish I didn't, I had two controllers and a sick as hell game collection. Animal crossing, metroid prime, pikmin, star fox adventures, super smash bros melee, list goes on Ahhh I need a gamecube NOW.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'd be awesome to do with a 360.
    edited July 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I'd be awesome to do with a 360.

Yeah, till it shits itself and burns down your house/car/plane/ocean liner.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, till it shits itself and burns down your house/car/plane/ocean liner.

http://benheck.com/12-02-2008/new-xbox-360-portable
    edited July 2011
    Darkhunter wrote: »

A) That shit is as big as a briefcase
    B) Still doesn't guarantee it won't overheat and shit itself (unless it's made with some great cooling and from an Xbox 360 slim
    C) The controller isn't integrated.

It's "portable" in the same manner a suitcase is portable except you can't carry any suits in it.
  • DarkhunterDarkhunter Regular
    edited July 2011
    B) Still doesn't guarantee it won't overheat and shit itself (unless it's made with some great cooling and from an Xbox 360 slim

It's "portable" in the same manner a suitcase is portable except you can't carry any suits in it.

You really cant make any next gen systems portable in the sense you want them to be. This is the closest you will ever get.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2011
    If anyone is interesting in making their own 'all-in-one' console system, check out HyperSpin
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited August 2011

yeah, thats a crappy laptop is all.