god is an alien

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
so if god was real and hes not from here, and if heaven is in space. dosent that make god an alien in both meanings of the word

Comments

• GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    I dont think so, although it in an interesting thought. An alien is defined as a tangible being that is not from this world. No matter how advanced they are, they still exist in a form of some kind (it still has a makeup of particles) and most likely would still rely on biochemistry as part of its make-up. God is a supernatural being, taking no shape or form it exists out of nothing and has no form, thus cannot be labeled as an alien (or extraterrestrial). It is literally 'nothing' that has the power to do something (in this case omnipotent). Also, an alien exists somewhere in the solar systems away from us, however no-one knows where Heaven is situated and is thought to be in a transcendental place not even relating to our solar system.

I dont believe in aliens, but regard it as an interesting topic :)
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    I dont think so, although it in an interesting thought. An alien is defined as a tangible being that is not from this world. No matter how advanced they are, they still exist in a form of some kind (it still has a makeup of particles) and most likely would still rely on biochemistry as part of its make-up. God is a supernatural being, taking no shape or form it exists out of nothing and has no form, thus cannot be labeled as an alien (or extraterrestrial). It is literally 'nothing' that has the power to do something (in this case omnipotent). Also, an alien exists somewhere in the solar systems away from us, however no-one knows where Heaven is situated and is thought to be in a transcendental place not even relating to our solar system.

I dont believe in aliens, but regard it as an interesting topic :)

Aww, in TS you said you believed in me.
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited August 2011
    or alien as in not from here
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited August 2011
    I have a friend who works at the history channel and I asked him if god was an alien. This was is response
    9670435.jpg
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    It's statistically impossible for aliens NOT to exist. Whether they're anything remotely intelligent in the sense that we define it is another story.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    It's statistically impossible for aliens NOT to exist. Whether they're anything remotely intelligent in the sense that we define it is another story.

IDIC?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011

Yeah, I guess that fits in somehow.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited August 2011
    God is black.