Krantom as a anti-psychedelic?

SolverTSolverT Acolyte
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
Krantom being an ope would this be effective to put an early halt to an acid trip, my friend is doing it for the first time this weekend and he hasn't got any previous experiance with psychedelics and can be unstable at times and I need something just in case it gets all to intense for him.

If not what would you reccomend that is pretty easy to come by?

Comments

• mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
  • BungHoleBungHole Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would highly recommend not doing it if what you're looking for is to abort the trip. It isn't exclusively an opioid agonist. People say it has stimulant properties in low doses, and I might have read that has to do with a slight MAOI effect.
    mashlehash wrote: »
    Benzos.

^Also, this.

EDIT: Yeah, mitragynine is primarily an opioid agonist, and might not be an MAOI. But kratom also contains close relatives of mitragynine, yohimbe alkaloids, which have stimulant properties and strong peripheral effects, and even seem to have a synergistic effect on other sympathomimetics, including certain psychedelics.

Don't get me wrong, I would mix psychedelics with kratom, just not if what I wanted was to abort the trip. I would expect it to perhaps mellow it out, but also in a way make it more intense.
  • ilovechronicilovechronic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Nope, it makes the trips more trippy. i have tried it with mushies.
    BungHole wrote: »
    I would highly recommend not doing it if what you're looking for is to abort the trip. It isn't exclusively an opioid agonist. People say it has stimulant properties in low doses, and I might have read that has to do with a slight MAOI effect.

^Also, this.

EDIT: Yeah, mitragynine is primarily an opioid antagonist, and might not be an MAOI. But kratom also contains close relatives of mitragynine, yohimbe alkaloids, which have stimulant properties and strong peripheral effects, and even seem to have a synergistic effect on other sympathomimetics, including certain psychedelics.

Don't get me wrong, I would mix psychedelics with kratom, just not if what I wanted was to abort the trip. I would expect it to perhaps mellow it out, but also in a way make it more intense.
    Do you have a source that makes this claim? As far as i know it is a agonist and if not an agonist its a partial agonist. Kratom has substances in it that are structurally similar to yohimbe alkaloids. Mytragynine itfself is structurally related. Also myrtagynine is the mos abundant indole contrained in the leaf but 7-hydroxymitragynine is a much more potent agonist..
    edited July 2010
    Nope, it makes the trips more trippy. i have tried it with mushies.

Do you have a source that makes this claim? As far as i know it is a agonist and if not an agonist its a partial agonist. Kratom has substances in it that are structurally similar to yohimbe alkaloids. Mytragynine itfself is structurally related. Also myrtagynine is the mos abundant indole contrained in the leaf but 7-hydroxymitragynine is a much more potent agonist..

It was a typo......:facepalm:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I love lots of acid and a good amount of benzos, it feels good man, and you never second guess any of you triped out plans so the fun times get followed throughed.
  • ilovechronicilovechronic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    It was a typo......:facepalm:

Am I supposed to be a mind reader now? I apologize for wanting to make sure the correct information is out there :rolleyes:
    edited July 2010
    Am I supposed to be a mind reader now? I apologize for wanting to make sure the correct information is out there :rolleyes:

You don't need to read minds to realize it was a typo when it said this:

^Also, this.

EDIT: Yeah, mitragynine is primarily an opioid antagonist, and might not be an MAOI. But kratom also contains close relatives of mitragynine, yohimbe alkaloids, which have stimulant properties and strong peripheral effects, and even seem to have a synergistic effect on other sympathomimetics, including certain psychedelics.

Now, would it be that wild of an assumption to think if I said it is an agonist among other things, that it was a mistake when I said it was primarily an antagonist?
  • victoriavictoria Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    Individuals desire to use kratom thanks to pain, addiction, escape, and boredom, whatever. Kratom has many wonderful uses no matter your goal. Kratom use will have several useful results. It will diminish and eliminate illicit drug craving, cut back physical and mental drug withdrawal; it is an efficient treatment for depression and anxiety. When withdrawing from opiates, some may turn to methadone or other hazardous treatments. Kratom presents another option. Dosing levels of Kratom can vary variable depending on the kind of kratom, season of harvest and the person. In low doses, Kratom is more of a stimulant providing positive outlooks and a robust want to work or fulfill tasks. In higher doses, it is a sedative almost like opiates though not as powerful.
  • MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    I don't recommend using LSD if he's already second guessing. As with all psychedellics, you've got have your head in it, or you're going to be paranoid the whole time and probably won't have fun. Benzos won't help as much as something that makes him happy and comfortable.