Best way to store fruit?

ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
edited September 2011 in Life
I currently keep most of the fruit in a fruit bowl. The bananas are on a thing like this:

newkeep.jpg

The fruit stays better if you separate it, right? The fruit I buy doesn't seem to last very long. :( Would something like this be better than a bowl?

9069515685999P.JPG

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    Cocksucka.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    Bottom shelf of the fridge, not in a bag.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    ^ We put ours on the bottom shelf but in a bag. They seem to keep fine.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    Bag holds in the gasses and poopy that make em go icky.

I think I need coffee.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    Oh, right. I'll take them out of the bag and observe next time :D
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    ^ properly organizing your fridge is key to a happy life. Make sure there isn't anything over them that is going to drip and contaminate them, like meats of any sort or something.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    In a parade?
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited September 2011
    ^ you try to hard.
  • edited September 2011
    We keep our fruit in the fruit bowl, although sometimes we keep it in the fridge depending on the item. It's usually apples in the fridge, bottom.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Seperate the bananas from each other when you first get them and has been said, do not put them in a bag as it holds the ethelene gas. Keeping them in the fridge will slow ripening. Fruits like apples and pears do not ripen more, they just break down. Again, keeping them cool slows the rate of degradation.

If you have some under-ripe tomatoes, putting them with some ripening bananas to speed up ripening - if you grow your own tomatoes or get them from someone who does.