Dammit, TF2 Stop PLAYING Me! [ITT: Compare Notes]

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I am n00b when it comes to TF2. I have been playing this game for almost two weeks and its been fun. I just ended by 2+ hour game session on one map and I reached my career best. 416 Score, 305 Kills, 20 Domination, Head Shots 166 and killed 157 times. Granted you could score higher but that map was a bit different. It's called Orange X3 and it's a heaven for Snipers. I started at the bottom and then started pwning everyone. Anything that moved got hunted down. When I quit users were actually targeting.

Some maps don't really work for Snipers but I think any map can be turned into a sniping map. Granted if everyone is sniping the game would suck but you do have other roles. I usually use Pyro and Sniper. Since I got my Razor back and Steam finally decided to bless me with achievements, I pretty much have the whole set. Although it would be nice to have the fourth sniper gun which is level 10.

I do suffer from major lag, hence my name is Osama Bin Laggin'. I get from 200~350 Ping in different maps. Fuck, I am wasted.

Share your scores etc and some tips.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Orange X3 is a good map for playing as the Sniper, I agree. For actually playing a good game of TF2, it fucking SUCKS. Thanks to the retarded layout of that map, it's nothing more than a deathmatch city unless one team is significantly better than the other. But yeah, definitely good sniper practice.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited September 2011
    I always train at hightower...good training for pretty much all classes, especially sniper, spy, and solly
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    2Fort, Soldier with Cow Mangler. Abuse corridors with sprayed primary, full charge to set snipers on fire on the terrace. It's funny, because when they're scoped, they never see the huge, slow glob coming

Hahha, that honestly sucks. FIRE FIRE FIRE hahaha
    edited September 2011
    I really hate 2fort...it's so linear..and boring...and not a lot of tactics for spies :(. and all of the engine buildings are in the typical areas. I like free-roaming maps like badlands and many of the payload race maps, and other things like that.

BUT there is a map where players come together and actually construct a fort...and the forts are destructible :P i built a really high sniping tower once..
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited September 2011
    ^ What's a turret?
  • RaggedOldManRaggedOldMan Regular
    edited September 2011
    OH SENTRIES! I understand now. The degreaser is fucking badass, I use that a lot.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Fuck man, my Sniping sucks atm. The new screen is a bitch to get used too.
    edited September 2011
    oh reminds me..this is a crazy pyro video..he was a saxxy awards winner with his pyro skills: