Fantasy Suggestions

kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Hey guy's I am looking for suggestions for a book or rather a series(more on this in a bit)

Something Fantasy and based over several books (With there being Omnibuses or long books) after a cursory search to try and find what I am looking for (wikipedia). I decided I waned some thing set in it's own world(High Fantasy?) and probably Sword and Sorcery.

Hmm I don't know what else to say I am not reallys ure what I am looking for, I've read the Lord of the Rings etc.

Any help would be appreciated as well as maybe a brief description.

Cheers.

Comments

• MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited January 2011
    The Forgotten Realms series by R.A. Salvatore. So fucking good. Start with The Legend of Drizzt books, first one is Homeland.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    Cheers looks interesting..

EDIT: Also seems to be set in the Baldur's Gate Universe interesting..
  • FONFON Regular
    edited January 2011
    A Song Of Ice And Fire series by George R.R Martin is an absolute MUST!!! I cannot stress this enough. By far the best fantasy books I have ever read in terms of plot, characters, complexity, sex, violence, midgets etc etc. Those books have some fucking grit to them...They are also some of the only books I've gone through and read twice. Man I can't wait for the tv series and the next book.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited January 2011
    Cheers, that looks rather like what I want aswell, I am going into town today so I'll let you guy's know how I get one with the book stores. I would buy them from amazon but I have a voucher..

EDIT: Well they only had A Game of Thrones, few others by R.A. Salvatore but not any of the Drizzit ones :/ anyway fuck waterstones they wanted £9 for the book which I paid but only because I couldn't really tell her to fuck off. And it was with a book voucher so..
  • OsiriusOsirius Semo-Regulars
    edited February 2011
    I started reading the DROP (Dragonriders of Pern) series not too long ago. It's quite amazing. Sword and sorcery type setting, but with a sci-fi backstory. I'd read them in the order Anne McCaffery wrote them. Dragonflight, then Dragonquest, then The White Dragon, and on from there. It's a large series, but those first three she wrote will draw you in just enough so that you can decide if you like the series enough to continue.

And just a fanboy here, but I really loved the Halo novels. Powering my way through Cryptum as I type.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Check my threads in this section. I posted some good Fantasy Authors.
  • blamehoffmanblamehoffman Regular
    edited August 2011
    A Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    One of my favorite books is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, and the series of books that entails are also brilliant (just finished reading The Restaurant at the End of the Universe). Those are the most hilarious books I have ever read :)
  • RunScreamingRunScreaming Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    The Conan stuff by Robert E. Howard. It's right up a Totsean's alley.