So I started helping out at the primary school over the road.

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm now doing first full day, (even though I only do fridays) and I've just come home for lunch. It's not bad, I thought they kids were going to be bratty as all hell, but they wern't too bad. Bit boring, though.

At the beggining of the day the head teacher was bitching about some parent who told her kid to give up on something. I told her about how the college I tried to get into told me to give up on my dreams, she then said "That's when you give them one of these!" and flipped the bird. I was a bit freaked out, this was the headteacher from when I was in primary school, and she just flipped me the bird! I found it kind of hilarious.
For the first few hours they done spelling and math, so I just had to tick the books and make sure they done their shit right. Some girl broke down and just started crying cause she had no idea what to do, I'm guessing she's shit at times tables. Then I had to cut up some paper. Yeah, thrilling right? Hold on your ass, because then I had to HOLE PUNCH SAID PAPER! I was crying from excitement.

It's not the funnest gig in the world, but it's kinda enjoyable knowing you're helping kids out. Plus the teacher is kinda hot, and she kept wanting me to go into the staffroom at break times. She totally wanted me to nail her.
Good times.

inb4 pedophile :o

Comments

• edited September 2011
    That's pretty cool actually. Did you find out some interesting things about how the school runs behind the scenes? Stuff which only the teachers know, such as staffroom discussions, codes for doors, etc etc. I've always been fascinated by things behind the scenes, aha :)
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I have a little bit. Next Friday I'll sit in the staffroom during the break and see what info I can dig up.
  • edited September 2011
    Sweeeeet. Remember that you have the right to ask allsorts of questions and you can pretty much expect an answer from them because you're working there now. Combine that with the fact that people are naturally willing to be helpful and give up information just because it's being "nice", and you can probably find out a lot of interesting stuff. Social engineering at it's finest :)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Why are you volunteering at a primary school? Secondary school I can understand, be an expert in a subject and pass on the knowledge, but a primary school?
  • edited September 2011
    Probably because he lives pretty much opposite the school so it's just a lot easier for him, as well as knowing the staff pretty well. That's my guess, anyways :D
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Probably because he lives pretty much opposite the school so it's just a lot easier for him, as well as knowing the staff pretty well. That's my guess, anyways :D

That makes no sense at all. I live opposite a church but I do not volunteer to conduct weddings, funderals, christenings or Sunday services for them (I did give them some veg for their harvest festival carry on, but that is another story).

Now, their must be a reason for him to volunteer. Either he wants to do a course where he has to show he has done an amount of voluntary work, he is doing DoE or a baccalaureate or he has done some low level crime and this is community service.

You dont just wake up and think 'I want to volunteer and give something back to by community, I know, the most productive thing I can do is cut paper up and punch holes in it while surrounded by a load of small children'.

Well, unless you are a peado.

So what is it?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    The world is not made up entirely of self serving fucks dr rocker. But from the sound of your post ITT that would be difficult for a you to understand.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I volunteer for pretty much what trx said. They need some help, I know them very well, and it's piss easy to teach kids who are like, 7-8 years old.
    edited September 2011
    The world is not made up entirely of self serving fucks dr rocker. But from the sound of your post ITT that would be difficult for a you to understand.

Luckily for the world and those that will read this forum for the time it will exist, text on a page does not sound like anything. You can infer things from words, but that is all you can do. You cannot hear them.

FYI I do more than most for my community. I am the man that spends hours clearing snow and ice in winter so everyone can get out and use their cars. Not only dos that include the fucks that do not even talk to their neighbours but also the vast majority of my neighbours - old people - who rely on their cars to get out and get meds, medical appointments, see their friends, go to the pool to warm their old bones.

Being that I have a truck (not as common in the UK as the US) I also haul a lot of things for people FOC - logs and manure mostly - so they can fertilise their garden and warm their rooms. I also have a fuck load of tools - I could never hope to use more than one at once, and my community know that if they need something, not only will I lend them a tool, I will give my time to instruct in its use and as such, if any of my tools are damaged I can be safe in the knowledge I should have instructed better and so do not blame the person - I take the hit on repairing it myself.

Most of the stuff I grow in my garden gets passed on to others - be it returning a favour, or to those that have never tasted this or that or simply think they cannot afford to add such things to their diets. What do I expect in return?

Fuck all. Its nice to get a smile and a kind word however, and even nicer to see others helping others - not helping me, although that is appreciated - even makes me embarraced some times to get help from others. You know my politics - pretty simliar to yours I think - so I am sure you can understand me wanting to promote one person helping another.

All that said, please do not try and ride me for enquiring on the motivation of another. It is unbecoming I think of what you show yourself to think.
    I volunteer for pretty much what trx said. They need some help, I know them very well, and it's piss easy to teach kids who are like, 7-8 years old.

It is very easy to teach the young - as long as you do not get pissed with constant questions and can answer questions in a manner they will understand. Have done it myself to gain hours to count towards something, but what is your motivation for actually doing it? Look good on your CV? Doing a course that needs X amount of contact / volunteer time / feel a social responsability to give something back?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Luckily for the world and those that will read this forum for the time it will exist, text on a page does not sound like anything. You can infer things from words, but that is all you can do. You cannot hear them.

FYI I do more than most for my community. I am the man that spends hours clearing snow and ice in winter so everyone can get out and use their cars. Not only dos that include the fucks that do not even talk to their neighbours but also the vast majority of my neighbours - old people - who rely on their cars to get out and get meds, medical appointments, see their friends, go to the pool to warm their old bones.

Being that I have a truck (not as common in the UK as the US) I also haul a lot of things for people FOC - logs and manure mostly - so they can fertilise their garden and warm their rooms. I also have a fuck load of tools - I could never hope to use more than one at once, and my community know that if they need something, not only will I lend them a tool, I will give my time to instruct in its use and as such, if any of my tools are damaged I can be safe in the knowledge I should have instructed better and so do not blame the person - I take the hit on repairing it myself.

Most of the stuff I grow in my garden gets passed on to others - be it returning a favour, or to those that have never tasted this or that or simply think they cannot afford to add such things to their diets. What do I expect in return?

Fuck all. Its nice to get a smile and a kind word however, and even nicer to see others helping others - not helping me, although that is appreciated - even makes me embarraced some times to get help from others. You know my politics - pretty simliar to yours I think - so I am sure you can understand me wanting to promote one person helping another.

All that said, please do not try and ride me for enquiring on the motivation of another. It is unbecoming I think of what you show yourself to think.

It is very easy to teach the young - as long as you do not get pissed with constant questions and can answer questions in a manner they will understand. Have done it myself to gain hours to count towards something, but what is your motivation for actually doing it? Look good on your CV? Doing a course that needs X amount of contact / volunteer time / feel a social responsability to give something back?

Yeah....

You tried a bit too hard there.

I think you are trying to convince yourself....
  • edited September 2011
    Third Rock; Good on ya! Both myself and my girlfriend are taking our Lvl1 and Lvl2 first aid courses next month, for a lot of reasons, one of which is to volunteer with St. Johns first aid at public events. I intend to volunteer as a human cookbook for the living books program at the new library down the street, as well.

Charity with ones time, in my books, counts much more than charity with ones money. I have volunteered seldom in my life, and this is something I intend to change. There are far too many people who sit and avoid any philanthropy that will eat up some of the precious time they spend jerking dicks and clits on the sofa. The rationalization is usually something like "my work will just be wasted, the problem is too big". Fuck them up the ass with a knife sideways, nobody knows the impact they can make until they try, and bullshit excuses won't do a damn thing.

I don't care what your motives are, with obvious exceptions, keep doing what you're doing.

C/O
    "volunteer, a strange word I used to question, but now makes a great deal of sense"
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    That'sa very nice thing to do, civic duty and all that.

I wonder if i should do something charitable, it's not really in my nature and i'm a cynical fuck, so no.
    edited September 2011
    Yeah....

You tried a bit too hard there.

I think you are trying to convince yourself....

Nah, not really, probably ranting at stupid presumptions, helped along kindly by Mr Arthur Guinness. I am off out shortly to drink fuck loads more of the stuff.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    Good on ya ThirdRock. I can't stand kids until they hit about 12 years old and start to not be little faggots, so that would be hell for me.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    i only came into this thread to read the first few posts and say pedophile