Cracking WPA/WPA2 with aircrack-ng suite

MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
edited October 2011 in Tech & Games
Is it possible to crack with aircrack-ng and NOT use a dictionary file?

Also, does anyone have any good tutorials for using Johntheripper in conjunction with aircrack-ng?

de1.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    The only other way i know of is by creating a fake AP with the same name as the network you are trying to access.
    An ordinary user will be tricked into connecting to your AP , he will be prompted to type in his login credentials as it is really a new connection. you will have logged his details.
  • edited September 2011
    I think you'd be wasting your time if you were to attempt anything other than a Dictionary attack (assuming that another method exists). The only way I know of cracking a WPA key is to crack the pre-shared key, which can ONLY be done if the password is actually a word in the dictionary. If it's not a real word, then you won't be able to crack it :(
  • MiluardoMiluardo Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    Thanks guys. You're both right... as I feared. Maybe I'll have to reinvent the way WPA is cracked.

Off to my next question.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Track the location of the device, break in, steal the device, steal the laptop or plant a keylogger in the laptop. Copy the pre-shared key, access router via the main Laptop and add a new account or change the password of the secondary account on the router. Clean up and leave. Connect to the network, monitor there Laptops and infect other systems.

Profit?
    edited September 2011
    I wanted to use aircrack-ng :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Miluardo wrote: »
    I wanted to use aircrack-ng :(

How about going in there and raping the girl, THAT has to be better than using aircrack, I mean you're pussy cracking. THINK about it!
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited September 2011
    workaround for this is to log into the router itself and remove the passord. Most people don't setup the wireless, so the default username and password to loginto the router usually hasn't been changed. Since they will still be able to connect to their network, them dudes ain't gonna notice for a while they got no encryption
    ah nevermind; just realized you can't connect to an ap without being on its network already.
    or can you?
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Aushwitz. Yeah, No AP access thats the problem. If I could plug in, I'd have enough physical access to hold the reset button.