Feeling Good

BurnBurn Regular
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Just got my 6hp outboard motor almost fixed, after not running it for about 8 months. I've been using a 3.5hp since then, and it's been giving me the shits. I basically pulled the entire motor apart, cleaned the fuck out of everything, found some oil seals that had melted through (what the fuck?), tapped out some threaded bolts and cleaned out the carby. All that's left is to unjam the throttle. It's stuck on full, and when I started it, the only way to kill it was to remove the fuel lines:facepalm:

So now I'm sitting back, cracking a beer and chucking on the TV. What are you guys doing tonight?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Looking at boats for sale.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    Awesome, what are you looking for?

If you lived about 1500km North, I could sell you a nice tinny:cool:
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited September 2011
    I'm drinking vodka and hurricanes, listening to tunes.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2011
    Burn wrote: »
    Awesome, what are you looking for?
    If you lived about 1500km North, I could sell you a nice tinny:cool:
    Man! I ran a 4hp evinrude on my 10ft tinny. I had to prime it with the oars to get it motivated. I ended up putting a 9hp on it.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Going to choir tonight :) I missed the last concert by mistake..
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    Watchin svu I fuckin love this show
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Man! I ran a 4hp evinrude on my 10ft tinny. I had to prime it with the oars to get it motivated. I ended up putting a 9hp on it.

Yeah, I've got a 12ft tinny, but I'm definitely looking to downsize a fair bit. I don't need the extra two foot, and it's just more weight. The 6hp is an old Evinrude Fisherman, but I've found a whole lot of more shit wrong with it, and the impellor is royally fucked, along with the throttle mechanisms. I'm considering giving up on it, although it's a pretty fun project. To add to it, my 3.5hp Suzuki packed it in today. It overheats like a cunt, so I think it's the impellor.
  • RunScreamingRunScreaming Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    Unwinding after a workout. Nothings on TV, so geez what's on TOTSE tonight?
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I do as I always do, sit inside and either watch YouTube or other hilarious people on the internet.