Newcastle Pot Office

edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Edited for clarity - just look at the picture.

0Tnd.png

Spliff, anyone? :D

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    What a great idea a post office and a pot office in the same location. That way you can buy post for yourself and mail some to your friends all in one convenient location.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited September 2011
    photoshop fail :facepalm:
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    ^^^^
    Not necessarily Photoshopped.
    The Google car takes photos of a street every few metres of so. They then patch up all the images.
    It could be two images with about 50cm missing.

It's exactly how i thought: look
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    So I was just clicking around on Google Maps, trying to find a Morrisons nearby so that I could go and buy some food, when I came across this place...

0Tnd.png

Spliff, anyone? :D

1. what you doing in newcastle? I might get drunk and high and come and find you.

2. Cowgate morrisons is probs the closest.

Edit: Byker morrisons will be closer. Just keep walking along new bridge street, you cant miss it.
  • edited September 2011
    Oh, I'm not in Newcastle Dr Rocker, although I'll admit that I worded that like shit :D I searched for Morrisons on Google Maps and Newcastle happened to be one of the places which came up, and a bit of exploration brought me past this post office.

I'll edit my OP for clarity :)
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    ^^^^
    Not necessarily Photoshopped.
    The Google car takes photos of a street every few metres of so. They then patch up all the images.
    It could be two images with about 50cm missing.

It's exactly how i thought: look

That is exactly what happened.

pot_office_1.jpg

But take one step to the right...

pot_office_2.jpg
    edited September 2011
    Oh, I'm not in Newcastle Dr Rocker, although I'll admit that I worded that like shit :D I searched for Morrisons on Google Maps and Newcastle happened to be one of the places which came up, and a bit of exploration brought me past this post office.

I'll edit my OP for clarity :)

LOL, its about 3 miles to the closest Morrisons from there.
  • edited September 2011
    ^ I know :D I dunno if anyone else does this, but I often just drive the Google camera around places just to see what they're like. I was doing this all afternoon yesterday out of pure boredom - I used to do it in College as well and make a game out of it with the dude who sat next to me. Passes time to say the least :P
    edited September 2011
    ^ I know :D I dunno if anyone else does this, but I often just drive the Google camera around places just to see what they're like. I was doing this all afternoon yesterday out of pure boredom - I used to do it in College as well and make a game out of it with the dude who sat next to me. Passes time to say the least :P

I know exactly what you mean. When I check out new places to explore - be it country roads or city streets - I always do a walk through of how to get to places I know from a point I might park at. Many a time I have found fly tipping sites on google maps - those places are agold mine for stone and brick that can be reused, if you have a vehicle that can move things around.

If I was going some place, be it for work or be it for me, I always have alook at the junctions. Fuck having a sat nav, if I can see how to get to a place before, why do I want some John Wayne MotherFucker telling me to take the third exit at the next roundabout. And telling me to miss out the routes where some one may have dumped some thing by the side of the road that some one else could use.

Fly Tippers: I love you and I hate you.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited September 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    LOL, its about 3 miles to the closest Morrisons from there.

You have me wanting some of their pies now