Holy Fucking Shit

BurnBurn Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So I'm sitting here at home, minding my own business watching season 2 of Breaking Bad, when I hear a fucking loud as noise. I go outside, and there's a helicopter above my house, probably only 50m up. I trip shit for no real reason, thinking about some sort of SHTF situation (been a lot of weird helicopters and shit going around lately.) Anyway, I hear sirens and immediately think 'fire.' I grab my BOB and head out, looking for more signs. I get to the front of my complex* and realise they're not letting anyone in. I find this weird, so I go back home wondering what to do. A fire engine then drives down the main street of the complex. I catch up to it and follow it down, only to see a fucking house on fire. This shit isn't smoldering, it's fucking like a 50ft bonfire; a pyromaniac's wet dream. I watch it for a while, chat to a few guys, and give one of my mates a call. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, so I didn't get any pics. I'd go get some now, but I'm sitting at home and it's hot outside. The fire is gone anyway, there's just a few trucks around chilling out. I'll grab some pics tomorrow. I live in a pretty shit suburb, so the house won't be rebuild anytime soon.

tl;dr a house burnt down, pics later

* A complex is basically a group of normal houses set up in an estate-like community. Mine is gated, and can only be entered by using a pass code, given to you when you move in.

Comments

• jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
    Breaking bad - burning house ....

Maybe a meth lab blew up in the house ?!
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I remember when I was younger when fires were started in the mountain where I lived. It would be fun to watch the fire engines travel up the road, and the smoke from the mountain :) Even if the fire was that far away from my house!!!
  • HGMIVHGMIV Acolyte
    edited September 2011
    Is it bad that I thought, " I would have continued watching Breaking Bad?"
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    When we were kids we used to set fires in the fields, call the volunteer fire dept, and have the fire mostly put out with rakes and shovels by the time they go there. The idiots would tell us what good boys we were and thanks us for calling them and helping keep it under control until they got there. We probably did that about 5 times over a 4 year period growing up.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited September 2011
    I remember when I was a kid, up by the shitty part of my village (Yeah, I live in a village) there was a couple of fire engines, and also some cops. Being the nosey kid I was, I thought I'd walk up the street and see what I could see. With at least two fire engines, and being a kid, I was expecting to see a huge blazing fire, people running around totally ignited. But no, just a couple of chavs had set set fire to a catalogue in their home, panicked like crazy and phoned the firefighters. This charred catalogue remained outside their house for a couple of days.

At first I thought they were just being stupid, and wasting time, but they genuinely thought there was danger. :facepalm:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited September 2011
    I set fire to my cock once ... I've been a moderately slow fap'er since
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited September 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Will post pics today!

Was gonna try to op it last night, but there's still cops and red tape fucking everywhere. I dunno if anyone was hurt, but I don't think they were.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    No problem brah :)
    Also in response to jehsiboi, my mate on the College (High school to you Yanks) bus, sprayed deodrant on his crotch/trousers for a good 5 seconds, then lit it up.
    Little did he realise the liquid and fumes had seeped down his ginger arse crack.

That smell will never leave me.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    Well yeah, these pics are pretty late. We've had some warmer weather here, and a great runof small trevally, so I haven't had time to grab the pics. Better late than never and all that.

imag0041g.jpg

imag0037kr.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    For some reason they aren't loading for me (probably due to the connection I'm using) but good job on the pictures anyway :D I remember when I was about 4/5 years old and a car across the street caught fire in someone's driveway. Massive blaze, I just sat at my bedroom window watching the firefighters tackling it. Awesome shit :D
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    For some reason they aren't loading for me

Same here.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    arghargarhagrarharg let me see if I can fix it.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited October 2011
    I think they will show up now.... I quoted his post then copied & pasted each pic URL into my browser. Right clicked on each pic & clicked view picture or w/e. Imageshack can be dumb at times.

imag0041g.jpg

imag0037kr.jpg
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited October 2011
    mission completed. onto the next one.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    ^^ incredible amount of thanks for that Shady.