Horse meat?

brreitsmabrreitsma Semo-Regulars
edited October 2011 in Life
Swim is in a state with a lot of unwanted horses no one knows what to do with. They can be gotten absolutly free anyday. Swim is broke and was wondering if it could be marketed as just meat sticks. Say put on skewers and barbequed and if they have a distinct flavor.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    It might sell as a novelty thing. Apparently it was quite a common meat in the past.

The biggest problem you face is people not wanting to eat "a cute little pony".
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited October 2011
    Allways wanted to try it but could never find some.
    Asked at a food store that sells meat like snake and zebra and they looked at me like I had said I wanted to fuck one, not eat it.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited October 2011
    I heard tapas first originated from horse meat. I guess you can market them as tapas.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited October 2011
    ....craigslist?
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited October 2011
    It might sell as a novelty thing. Apparently it was quite a common meat in the past.

The biggest problem you face is people not wanting to eat "a cute little pony".

My friend tried horse meat in Italy, she said it was good, very tender. If OP is in the US, he/she/it will have a hard time finding buyers who won't think "cute little pony".
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited October 2011
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    My friend tried horse meat in Italy, she said it was good, very tender. If OP is in the US, he/she/it will have a hard time finding buyers who won't think "cute little pony".

It's hilariously hypocritical since no one thinks about little baa-baa black sheep when they eat veal or Bambi when they eat venison.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited October 2011
    nameless1 wrote: »
    It's hilariously hypocritical since no one thinks about little baa-baa black sheep when they eat veal or Bambi when they eat venison.

Although not as taboo as horse meat, not everyone will eat lamb, veal or venison. Veal being the one most tend to avoid.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    Wait til PETA finds this thread.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a 'HxC revolutionist vegan anarchist' up in this shit yet.

On topic, I would very much like to try horse.