The Simpsons: Time to make an exit?

ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I was watching through a review of something, when the gut commented on The Simpsons; he said that in the past few years it hasn't been as funny as it has been for the previous year, and that it's time for it to 'gracefully bow out'

What do you guys think? I'm a big fan of the Simpsons, and as sad as it would be to see The Simpsons would no longer be made, I'd love to see a finale.

What about you guys? Do you feel it's past it's prime? Are you even fans of the Simpsons?

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I've found almost all cartoons become more politically active and current affairs. I used to watch them to escape from the world, not to sit back and see a reflection of what I was already thinking.
    i'd hate to see the Simpsons go, but if it continues the way it is, then it seems a viable option. Same with my beloved South Park. Fuck Family Guy in the ass.

Monorail, anyone?
  • edited October 2011
    I think that the Simpsons has dramatically changed, ever since it started using that new introduction sequence. I don't really watch it anymore (mainly due to not having Sky TV) but I'd probably still watch it if I could. The only cartoons I ever watch now are Family Guy and American Dad, while in bed and Road Wars isn't on :D

I wouldn't mind if production was stopped, but I'd be pissed if they took it off the air completely.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited October 2011
    yeah, i think they should stop it. i bet there are 100+ episodes i have never seen. just do reruns.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    The Simpsons lost its zing years ago. It now reminds me Brett Favre as a Viking.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Road Wars
    Gvun7LUK45O4fYsCtx5P0SBFOMVTytQ14fQF.png

You and that bloody program :facepalm:
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    Holy shit, I found this when searching the net! Coincidental, and kind of worrying.