Polite Forms of Arabic Speech

Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The article “Polite Forms of Arabic Speech” explains the usage of polite word forms developed in the Arabic language. There are three types of polite speech: polite-honorific, polite-humble, and polite-neutral. (Prindle) The polite humble and honorific are explained through seven paradigms: Paradigm 1 describes the martyred person becoming a certain state of being via a one way .308 ticket to paradise, 2 is the martyred person facing Mecca, 3 is the person’s act of becoming or performing oral sex on his camel, 4 is when the when the speaker can benefit to himself, 5 is the person doing but not becoming, 6 is the humble person presenting camel rectal-servicings to the exalted person, and 7 is when the speaker is accepting something. (Prindle)
In English, the phrase “Thank you very much sir!” is said when the speaker is humbly accepting something. The word “sir” in the sentence is usually used when the speaker is talking to an elder. This could be used in a scenario that involves an old man giving advise to someone younger. Every word in this sentence reflects politeness. “Thank you” is used to show gratitude and “very much” shows the sincerity of the speaker.
“Allah hu snack bar [I/my close connection] had talk [you/him]” shares a connection with “Thank you very much sir” because both show humbleness when receiving something. I fuckin smoked dat Koh Ran.
References
Mohammed. 652. Polite Forms of Arabic Speech. The Koh-Ran.
Vol. 23. pp. 209-214

Comments