Holy fucking crap!

edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The new theme = fucking awesome, I actually love it. What inspired this dramatic change? Are we breaking away from the original Totse completely now and making something new happen?

Sorry if this thread has been made about 9000 times before :D

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited October 2011
    I can't say I'm a fan. I like some of the things, but it's such a dramatic change in the other way.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    I still use the mobile theme on my PC. The old theme is still available for those who still want to wear bell bottoms and love beads like they are stuck in the 60's. It is called test.
  • edited October 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Are we breaking away from the original Totse...

Yes, like a desiccated limb dropping off the body of a mummified corpse.
    edited October 2011
    SotB if you despise this place why do you bother with it? I really want to know.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    hey Trx - I haven't seen you around for a while.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/20032-WHO-SHITTYFIED-THE-BBS-!

and the frontpage is now Wordpress.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Summary:

Two New Themes added.
    Vbookie Added
    Drupal Removed (Working on it)
    Date moved to Word Press
    New Theme installed.

And there are more changes coming.
  • edited October 2011
    SotB if you despise this place why do you bother with it? I really want to know.

I've hardly 'bothered' with this place in any meaningful sense of the word in the last 3 months. As for the suggestion I 'despise' Totse.info, an unjustified remark IMO, a word of warning; by declining to engage with my comment and instead baselessly accusing me of despisement, I suspect you tacitly concede what I've said is valid and is not worth the possibly embarrassing effort of trying to refute it. This is the kind of defensive tactic Meta used to use, before eventually progressing on to stating that he's happy running a near-dead website.

I wait with interest to see whether your attitude foretells an equivalent fate for Totse.info.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited October 2011
    I've hardly 'bothered' with this place in any meaningful sense of the word in the last 3 months. As for the suggestion I 'despise' Totse.info, an unjustified remark IMO, a word of warning; by declining to engage with my comment and instead baselessly accusing me of despisement, I suspect you tacitly concede what I've said is valid and is not worth the possibly embarrassing effort of trying to refute it. This is the kind of defensive tactic Meta used to use, before eventually progressing on to stating that he's happy running a near-dead website.

I wait with interest to see whether your attitude foretells an equivalent fate for Totse.info.

Inb4 SotB gets permabanned for giving his opinion.
    edited October 2011
    inb4ugetbanned4beingalittlebitch
    edited October 2011

You have completely avoided my question by arguing over one word, despise. So substitute whatever adjective you wish so long as it is synonymous and answerer the question.
  • wonT0nsOOpwonT0nsOOp Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    Not to sound like a bitch, or an asshole, or anything, but I really don't think the new front page style suits the theme of &T. To me, it appears as if &Tinfo has become &Twitter from the front page. Again, not being an asshole or anything; I'm just sayin'.
  • edited October 2011
    You have completely avoided my question by arguing over one word, despise. So substitute whatever adjective you wish so long as it is synonymous and answerer the question.

I was a staff member of Totse.com, up until the day it closed; I don't have to justify my presence on a Totse knock-off site to anyone.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited October 2011
    Inb4 SotB gets permabanned for giving his opinion.

LOL. This.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited October 2011
    inb4ugetbanned4makingmeyourbitch

Fixed.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    wonT0nsOOp wrote: »
    Not to sound like a bitch, or an asshole, or anything, but I really don't think the new front page style suits the theme of &T. To me, it appears as if &Tinfo has become &Twitter from the front page. Again, not being an asshole or anything; I'm just sayin'.

It's just a theme, I will find another replacement but I am more focused on fixing the content.
  • edited October 2011
    hey Trx - I haven't seen you around for a while.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/20032-WHO-SHITTYFIED-THE-BBS-!

and the frontpage is now Wordpress.

Yeah man, I've had a LOT on my plate IRL just lately. I'm sure I posted something about it in M&A but I could be wrong - Dfg knows about it at least. Don't worry, I'm getting back up to speed :)
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited October 2011
    I mean have you fucking seen this place? Last time I was here it looked just like the old totse by default but I got on here to day and am like "Wtf is this shit?" Why do we have this white and black fucking shit up in here?
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited October 2011
    I miss the old layout as well. I wish it were more similar to the original Totse.
    edited October 2011
    The old theme is still available. The newtheme is the default. Simply go to the bottom of the page and select the theme labeled Totse.
  • edited October 2011
    The old theme is still available. The newtheme is the default. Simply go to the bottom of the page and select the theme labeled Totse.

Why would the new and clearly inferior theme be default?
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    There are several reasons why we chose this theme. The old theme was a cobbled together hack. It didn't work right and was a clusterfuck of workarounds. It's hard to see how broken it was unless you look at it again in hindsight.

Let's see how this theme goes for a few weeks.
  • edited October 2011
    And he was banned for giving his opinion.
    edited October 2011
    And he was banned for giving his opinion.

No, his account was locked at his own request.

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php/901-Will-totse.info-be-the-end-of-zoklet?p=226230#post226230
    edited October 2011
    Why would the new and clearly inferior theme be default?

Please feel free to explain why it is inferior other than your personal aesthetic preferences.
  • edited October 2011
    I didn't even know there WAS a new theme until now. You've got to be shitting me - WTF is wrong with the old one? This sucks.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Its whatever is your preference. Personally I think the Totse theme should be the default, as I think that its timeless and its what people look for when they visit this site. The new one doesnt look that bad, a tad bright with the orange, but its alright :)
    edited October 2011
    I didn't even know there WAS a new theme until now. You've got to be shitting me - WTF is wrong with the old one? This sucks.

This is the default theme. If you don't want to look at it go to the bottom of any page and change it to the Totse theme or one of the others that has been added. Instead of needlessly spending your energy bitching about what color curtains you want get off your ass and pick a different set of free curtains.
    edited October 2011
    Merged thread with same subject.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    Regarding the colors, YOU WILL get used to it. Trust me.
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe, but why change it to begin with? And yeah, at least make the original theme the default.
    edited October 2011
    Why is because the old theme was VB 3x theme that was hacked up to keep it working with VB4 that had some functionality that was hindered. The new theme is a theme written for VB 4x with full compatibility. All of your questions have been answered and you can use the old theme. The new theme will be the default theme and that is that. So unless you have another question regarding the themes either select the theme of your choice or piss up a rope.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited October 2011
    Gotta admit it looks pretty good
    edited October 2011
    Glad you like it. There are a few other new themes to choose from and the old crappy look is still available for those that are hopelessly nostalgic.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited October 2011
    Shit I was wondering why I still had that.

I will check the rest out now