Gender Identity Disorder

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited October 2011 in Life
I wasn't sure whether to prefix this with "mind" or "body" at first. I chose mind because I decided that this deals more with the disorder and mindset than the operation to "cure" it. If you don't know, gender identity disorder is when a person doesn't know if they would rather be a male or female. It happens to both sexes but seems to be more prevalent with males for whatever reason. Possibly this is because of the strong and recent rise in feminism. I'm not one to say really, I'm just speculating. Honestly the concept is foreign to me though I have met a few people with this so-called disorder i.e. shemales, trannys, lady boys, he-she, whatever.

Eventually the person will start dressing like the opposite sex. They will or won't wear makeup to hide the definitive qualities of their true gender. They call this "living in stealth". In extreme cases the person will opt for a sex change operation.

I don't really care if a person chooses to inverted his/her/it's genitals. It doesn't have anything to do with me. I do think though that they should definetely tell people who are intending to be in a relationship with them. I do not think they should tell one night stand partners just for the sake of lulz though they should have an escape plan. We've had a few transgender members before.

What are your thoughts and feelings about all this shit? Do you think it is an actual disorder or not? Could you care less?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    A study by Zhou et al (1995) indicated the presence of dimorphism within the brain; MTF transsexuals typically had female brain structure in a region of the brain that governs sexual behaviour. A later study indicates that these neurological features do not become fixed until early adulthood, which is why I find stories like this highly suspicious; a young child can be lead to believe just about anything, including the belief that they were destined to become a member of the opposite sex.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Studies smudies. I have seen with my own eyes, over the last 30 some years, two children born and watched as they both grew up. Not my kids but cousins from the generation after mine. Both of them were male. Both of them were the youngest child. Both of them got very little attention from their father. Both of them were lavished with attention from the sister and their mother.

When they were both about 8 years old I said to myself, "Yeah, that little guy is going to be a pole smoker when he grows up". One is now 34 and the other is 22. They are both openly homosexual and have overt feminine personalities. There may be some physiological aspects that influence a person sexuality but make no mistake about it there are strong social influences in the first 5 years of development that make as much if not more of a difference in this regard.

Anyone is welcome to argue this but you won't change my position as I have witnessed it first hand.
  • edited October 2011
    Studies smudies. I have seen with my own eyes, over the last 30 some years, two children born and watched as they both grew up. Not my kids but cousins from the generation after mine. Both of them were male. Both of them were the youngest child. Both of them got very little attention from their father. Both of them were lavished with attention from the sister and their mother.

When they were both about 8 years old I said to myself, "Yeah, that little guy is going to be a pole smoker when he grows up". One is now 34 and the other is 22. They are both openly homosexual and have overt feminine personalities. There may be some physiological aspects that influence a person sexuality but make no mistake about it there are strong social influences in the first 5 years of development that make as much if not more of a difference in this regard.

Anyone is welcome to argue this but you won't change my position as I have witnessed it first hand.

Homosexuality and gender identity disorder aren't the same issue. Maybe you misunderstood the thread title.

I won't even asked if you bothered to read the "smudies".
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    They are related whether you or your smudies realize it.
  • edited October 2011
    They are related whether you or your smudies realize it.

I see. Please, feel free to explain.
  • edited October 2011
    With regard to my... smudies... TDR, is the problem that you can read the words but can't comprehend what is being said? $5 words n' all that.

If that is not the case then again I ask the question; aside from your anecdotal experiences what evidence do you have to suggest that these studies are somehow flawed in their understanding of the relationship between homosexuality and GID?
  • Chris HansenChris Hansen Regular
    edited October 2011
    I honestly think if a dude wants to live as a chick who am I or anyone else to stop him? Let the person feel comfortable as they want to be. And dont be a dick to them. I understand being weirded out by them but openly calling them a faggot or other derogatory names does nothing good. Try to understand why they want what they want and maybe you can understand youself a little better by hearing their story.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited October 2011
    Life is enough of a bitch as it is. I feel for people who are stuck in the wrong body. At least they have options now. I saw this video it was wild.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2011
    Wow she looks like almost an entirely different person! I can't imagine actually not knowing if I am supposed to be a man or woman. I feel natural in my own skin and am very comfortable being myself. Having the problems that these people do must be as mentally devastating as the operation to resolve it is physically. It can't be an easy or inexpensive procedure. I suppose people with this disorder are fucked if theyre poor.