Getting Our Name Out

BurnBurn Regular
edited October 2011 in Help and Suggestions
In the momentum of the events occurring these last few days, I say we get our name out there as much as we can. Let's attract a large userbase of those we want. I have no problem with trolls, even semi-coherrent posts in forums outside of HB are fine with me (although maybe not fine with some of the others on here.)

So totse, how do we really strive to get our name out there and attract a larger amount of users?

Comments

• Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited October 2011
    this has been the toughest part since the start of totse.info. Getting the name out through social mediums worked with decent success in the past. I know dfg at one point was very active on reddit and Twitter. He may still be, I'm not really sure. Spreading it through other forums works but that's sort of a grey area. I thing ReMade did some sort of tagging or poster printing in London awhile back. The best way to get more people is with good solid content. Once that happens, things will start to grow. Most of the other forums need to be expanded on to make them more appealing
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    How about tagging pages on stumbleupon. Visitors from stumbleupon who end up here will be here because they saw something interesting. That's 1/2 the battle, attracting people who are actually interested in your content.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    The stumbleupon and reddit is already in the chute but great idea nonetheless.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    I will be employing a full set of Internet marketing tools. So, don't worry about it :).
  • edited October 2011
    We have to create content which people want to read, stuff people will be searching for. Information which makes a difference to people's lives. We also need to be as active and as welcoming in the community as possible in order to get people to stay interested, sign up and continue posting. Linking around the web also helps.
  • edited October 2011
    I still say we go all out with some hardcore black hat SEO and DDoS attacks on Zoklet and Totse2.

If something is strong and badass, people will follow it eventually. Like Stalin.
    edited October 2011
    I still say we go all out with some hardcore black hat SEO and DDoS attacks on Zoklet and Totse2.

If something is strong and badass, people will follow it eventually. Like Stalin.

If we were looking to attract the scum of the internet this would be a great idea.
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe the 'man with no neck' could crack his knuckles as new members enter, maybe throw in the odd bark or two, y'know just to set the tone. I'm not sure if the tough guy routine should be extended to real life, e.g. a threat to break their legs if they misbehave, but I don't think we should discount it without at least some thought. Although I admit it might backfire if the toughness doesn't transfer IRL and our enforcer gets his windpipe smashed with an 18 oz hammer. That would be a touch embarrassing.

On a related note I'd love to hear what 'life changing' information we may have to offer people; "We know where you live?".
    edited October 2011
    Quick question for anyone.

How do I put the degenerates on ignore?
  • edited October 2011
    User CP -> My Settings -> Edit Ignore List

Glad to be of service Mr Chippy. I throughly approve of classifying a man as denegerate on the basis of a single post, or better still just by his username. My God, who knows what contagiously depraved machinations may occur in the corrupted minds of some individuals.

Quarantine them all I say!
    edited October 2011
    WOW, ego or what?

I was referring to the scum of the internet in the previous post.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    WOW, ego or what?

Although this is not totse, or it is, well, that is its name, but it isnt, style is an expression of ego and style trancends all.

Never see two lines in the snow and assume some one has been skiing.

To get the name out, you would start by defining the target.
    edited October 2011
    The target has been defined have you been reading?