"Gadaffi captured and injured in both legs" says NTC Official

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Fair play to him for staying in the Country, and hopefully this is true. The NTC is a bit overzealous in their claims, but I don't doubt the claims of this.
1GX3UYC4PFPbUKoRP1XMgnNGPVl2ot8sLTRK.jpg
(Reuters) - Deposed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was captured and wounded in both legs near his hometown of Sirte at dawn on Thursday, National Transitional Council official Abdel Majid said.

Majid reported the capture after Libyan interim government fighters took the town on Thursday, extinguishing the last significant resistance by forces loyal to the former leader and ending a two-month siege.

Story.

Updates from Reuters via BBC:
The Reuters news agency says Col Gaddafi has died of wounds sustained during his reported capture in Sirte

Source.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    He is dead according to this.
    COLONEL Gaddafi has died of wounds near Sirte, according to reports.

Gaddafi died of wounds suffered in his capture near his hometown, a senior NTC military official said.

National Transitional Council official Abdel Majid Mlegta told Reuters earlier that Gaddafi was captured and wounded in both legs at dawn on Thursday as he tried to flee in a convoy which NATO warplanes attacked.

"He was also hit in his head," the official said. "There was a lot of firing against his group and he died."

Abdul Hakim Al Jalil, commander of the 11th brigade, also said he had seen the body of the chief of Gaddafi's armed forces, Abu Bakr Younus Jabr.

"I've seen him with my own eyes," he said and showed Reuters a picture of Jabr's body. "Moussa Ibrahim was also captured and both of them were transferred to (our) operations room."

Source
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Still of video camera footage. The site is in Dutch, but it seems reliable.
    TYtiSLluGTyNV9TneIMg258yeCasi26OTxsN.jpg

Source.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited October 2011
    Looks like he had a rough end.
    edited October 2011
    That picture was also on the BBC live report.
    PuNCHICNnD0xSBpgNPWBjGU5FItDTZ37valr.png
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited October 2011
    Of course it was a fucking Yankees fan....
  • edited October 2011
    I'm actually surprised, I was honestly expecting him to get away. Pretty arrogant of him to refuse to leave - he could've.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    Just seen a vid on the BBC - not like he was shot in the tunnel they found him in, the guys that had captured him paraded him a round a bit - walking along a road it seemed. Did not show him being shot but he was screaming like a little girl for mercy. Gadaffi was not a patch on Sadam - at least when they pulled him out of a hole he cheakily said

'I am Sadam Hussien and I am willing to start negotiations'.

Gadaffi just said 'Please, please, dont shoot me, mercy please!'
    edited October 2011
    I need to find that video. What a pussy, you'd have expected him to have brandished his gold plated pistol and yelling about having Nescafe with hallucinogens in it. And at least Saddam hid for longer, this guy was pretty much in a new sewer construction.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited October 2011
    Good. Maybe this will start the finale of the current monstrosities in Libya. I wonder where the next huge coup will be. Certainly somewhere soon because its happening all over the world.
    edited October 2011
    These are not really coups we have been using covert means to supply opposing rebel forces to topple regimes unfriendly to the UN and their plan for world dominance... err globalization. Next will be Iraq followed by North Korea. Before the North Korea move you will see some sort of diplomatic spat between them and China over something fairly minor but just enough for China to turn a cold shoulder to the south in order to allow them to save face before western NATO forces kick the midget out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    How the mighty have fallen, well if this idiot wasn't being a prick to everyone, none of this would have happened. I guess Karma comes back to bite your ass sooner or later.
    edited October 2011
    Liveleak video and death photos, anyone?

Video.

Pictures.
    J213YGzt5xyIGmv67TILNB9sOMrQjMOM9EST.jpg

krCDIITTGE1x8FUfI4GHKNsOWerfcDHLCGP1.jpg

L8cH17sSQJ4M4qOWFR3vTQ09tVYIPLcZ1JGU.jpg

Wonder what the new direction for Libya is now?
    edited October 2011
    ^A puppet for Exxon/Mobile/BP?