Off Topic Nonsesne.

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited October 2011 in Not in MY Forum
In Australia if you stopped paying taxes you would be ass fucked. You guys have no rights.

Comments

• BurnBurn Regular
    edited October 2011
    Where'd those fucking posts go?
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    In Australia if you stopped paying taxes you would be ass fucked. You guys have no rights.

Tax evasion isn't a right ... But you're correct we have no free speech per se and our weapon laws has unarmed the law abiding citizens so criminals have free reign ... Our police system is a corrupt as a used car sales man ... But in all seriousness I'm thankful for not being born in the US ... Just because you have rights doesn't mean governments will respect them
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    How can you be thankful you were not born somewhere that you really know nothing about?
  • edited October 2011
    How can you be thankful you were not born somewhere that you really know nothing about?

Well you seem to know about the penalties for tax evasion in a country you havent spent time in.

You can choose to just not file a tax return year after year in Australia and if you are self employed then nothing happens. You get reamed when you eventually file that tax return but nobody goes to prison over it they just take all your money....

But truly you cannot expect a reliable source on information such as 'the #1 cause for kayaks being broken' or other such nonsense.
    edited October 2011
    Well you seem to know about the penalties for tax evasion in a country you havent spent time in.

You can choose to just not file a tax return year after year in Australia and if you are self employed then nothing happens. You get reamed when you eventually file that tax return but nobody goes to prison over it they just take all your money....

But truly you cannot expect a reliable source on information such as 'the #1 cause for kayaks being broken' or other such nonsense.

Looking up a statute online and understanding it is a bit different than understanding the nuances of living somewhere and you know it. The consequnces for tax evasion in the US and Australia are not really any different other than id your income in the US was derived from the sale of alcohol, tobacco, or firearms.

My question was directed at another user and not yourself. If you are looking for a senseless argument based on your dislike of me you need to create a thread in HB and hold your breath while you wait for me to reply to it. This is not the place for your shenanigans son.
  • edited October 2011
    My question was directed at another user and not yourself. If you are looking for a senseless argument based on your dislike of me you need to create a thread in HB and hold your breath while you wait for me to reply to it. This is not the place for your shenanigans son.

Community. Collaborative constructive communication. I'm not looking for a fight.

I didnt begin the discussion about consequences for tax evasion beyond making a remark about not paying for a silly report.
    My posts in this thread havent been senseless and I am a recreational boater.
    I never said i dislike you, that is a combative remark.
    And i dont post in HB - it aint my style.

Community. Collaborative constructive communication.

You made some statements that stemmed from a remark i made, from my perspective it was an open question and one that many people would have interest in answering. This is a thread in the forum that i was posting in, its not like im butting in from nowhere and getting in peoples faces

Anywho: ATO website: http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.aspx?menuid=43012&doc=/content/82390.htm&page=1&H1

They discuss the penalty amounts in great detail but there is no discussion about being imprisioned because that is reserved for people running illegal tax scams and serious shit. Australia is pretty chill about it.
    edited October 2011
    You have dragged this thread off topic far enough drop this now.
  • edited October 2011
    Australians have implied common law rights.
    Its not as rock solid as a bill of rights but there are many protections within our law alongside the legal/governmental framework.
    edited October 2011
    Even our Bill of Rights is trampled upon by the legislature while the judiciary looks the other way as they are all paid to do.
  • edited October 2011
    A proposal for a bill of rights was put forward in the Constitutional Conventions. Mr Richard O'Connor advocated the idea. It was opposed by Mr Isaac Isaacs QC of Victoria. The proposal was lost 19 votes to 23. Fear was expressed that a due process provision in such a bill of rights would undermine some of the discriminatory provisions of the law at that time, including those laws and practices which disadvantaged Aboriginal people and the Chinese in Australia.

We didnt get a bill of rights so theoretically our government can make whatever crazy law they feel like; specfically so the government could make discriminatory laws.

but if it contradicts an existing precedent that precedent can take precedence thus nullifiying the law. Eg: A law was introduced that says you may only use reasonable force in defense of the home and someone kills an intruder in self defence; the judge looks at previous cases where people have killed righteously and says 'yep that was self defence' and you're free to go.

Reasonable is decided on a case by case basis because our justice system is flexible; most laws have provisions of 'reasonable' all over them.
  • edited October 2011
    Thats a pretty wasteful tip that doesnt take into account several factors.

What if it was a snowboarding jacket and you didnt get to the mountain that year?
    What if it was an awesome suit that didnt fit you and just needed a $8 tailor job to become functional again?
    What about that next time you need to make a costume or something and hooray you have a crap shirt to tear up or glue things to?

Generic advice is shit advice - if you're the guy wearing the clothes you have a good idea about what is your style; what you do wear and what you never wear. If you need to wait a year and do some coathanger thing to decide what to throw out, congratulations! You are bad a organising yourself!

I have pretty much zero excess clothes because I am spartan in my ways and highly organised. All my organs are perfectly arranged.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited October 2011
    Well common sense would take care of that, unless your a complete moron. But tell me, could you remember from one year to the next whether you you wore every single shirt in your wardrobe?
  • edited October 2011
    Lol nice tabs: facebook; dadsarmy; buy dry ice online and something that starts with abnormal.

I feel that people are underestimating my role in all of this.
    edited October 2011
    Dry ice is for a halloween party on saturday, and the abnormal tab was for the film abnormal activity 3 I was streaming. Any other questions?
  • edited October 2011
    I wasnt having a go mate; but its always fun to see what tabs people have open when they post screenshots.

But yes one more question; What is your screen resolution? the taskbar looks huge so its a netbook right?
    edited October 2011
    That was while I was at work so yes that was my PB dot s.
  • edited October 2011
    I was going to say something about how theres not any work tabs open but I never have any work tabs open either.
  • edited October 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    Well common sense would take care of that, unless your a complete moron. But tell me, could you remember from one year to the next whether you you wore every single shirt in your wardrobe?
    Hence my point. Generic advice usually amounts to common sense - you dont need to know if you've used the shirt; you need to be capable of assessing will I use this again and deciding if it should be ritually burnt in scarifice as the clothes of demi gods are.
  • edited October 2011
    I said it was nice to see first world problems getting solved.
    I then illustrated that some of these solutions were not as genius as previously indicated.

But seriously - compare the genius of the X5 self inflating car jack with the cookie tray.

Cookie tray hasnt earnt his stripes to be in this thread sir. And i stand by that.
  • edited October 2011
    And the age of American imperialism draws closer to an end.

The empire is falling people.
  • edited October 2011
    I am disapointed.

I thought this was going to be a thread making jokes about linux users.
    Kinda like:
    Top ten things to do after installing linux:

10) Load up a star trek screensaver
    9) Take a minute to clean the cheetos from your braces
    8) Put on pants for the first time in 3 days

etc....

Not that i have anything against linux users whatsoever. I just think the whole mac/pc/linux stereotype jokes are funny.
  • edited October 2011
    Oi that deserved its own thread

Edit: There is a clear line between specific and general advice - AND NEVER THE TWO SHALL MEET
  • edited October 2011
    I am disapointed.

I thought this was going to be a thread making jokes about linux users.
    Kinda like:

Not that i have anything against linux users whatsoever. I just think the whole mac/pc/linux stereotype jokes are funny.

As if that wasnt a legit post!!!

Even slardi gave it props and it was his thread.
    edited October 2011
    Slarti is too polite.
  • edited October 2011
    You think too much of us.

You got me thinking.

If someone is making the decision to use the system that is by far the least popular yet also the most efficient - that guy is going to be wearing some shorts, socks and sandals when if leaves the house.

Again i reiterate that this is in no way a disparaging remark to linux users.
  • edited October 2011
    Hopefully other young people will read this and learn from it.

>2011
    >Young people
    >Reading
    >Learning

Idontthinksotim.jpg
    edited October 2011
    >2011
    >Young people
    >Reading
    >Learning

Idontthinksotim.jpg

You have already received a warning tonight. Luckily for you I am in a generous mood this evening. Let this be the last post I have to move of yours tonight or you will spend the next 24 hours in the corner wearing the pointy hat.
  • edited October 2011
    You have already received a warning tonight. Luckily for you I am in a generous mood this evening. Let this be the last post I have to move of yours tonight or you will spend the next 24 hours in the corner wearing the pointy hat.

Ok. Generosity noted.

Seriously i do try to post on topic though. Like %100 do.
    edited October 2011
    I will take you at your word but please understand I have received a number of concerns from other members about your posts this evening. So it is nothing personal on my part I am just looking out for the greater good. Needs of the many vs needs of the few and all that Vulcan jive.
  • edited October 2011
    What is clear however is that so far out of 5 people who are used to the old theme 3 of them prefer something else.

Bammmp. Question asked which theme they were using not which theme they prefer.

Correlation does not imply causality. I'm using the new theme but i dont prefer it - others may decide to revert back to classic in a week or so also.

I havent changed from the new one because I'm too lazy to change it back to classic. But it should be classic or mobile like you said - the theme with the least ADD flashing lights and features should be default.

No avatars, no signatures; just straight up posting like a bauce.
    edited October 2011
    Bammmp. Question asked which theme they were using not which theme they prefer.

Correlation does not imply causality. I'm using the new theme but i dont prefer it - others may decide to revert back to classic in a week or so also.

I havent changed from the new one because I'm too lazy to change it back to classic. But it should be classic or mobile like you said - the theme with the least ADD flashing lights and features should be default.

No avatars, no signatures; just straight up posting like a bauce.

You are an idiot who looks for an argument in any thread you can find one. If they are using a theme it can more than reasonably be assumed that it is the one they prefer as they chose it unless it is the default one. So why don't you head on down to the local pub and be an argumentative cunt. Wait, I know, because if you acted like this in a pub you would find yourself on the sidewalk minus a few teeth. Take the hint...
  • edited October 2011
    it can more than reasonably be assumed that it is the one they prefer as they chose it unless it is the default one.

I'll ignore your disparaging comments and focus on the topic at hand. Off topic posting and flaming is against the community rules as I am now aware after being referred to them several times.

The question clearly states "using" not "prefer" and the opening post:
    Personally I'm switching between them. I usually use the &TPro theme but right now I'm using Niggers

I dont think i'm straying far from the intended meaning of the post when I point out there is a difference between the theme being 'used' by a community member or the theme 'preferred'.

Likewise there are probably other members in the same position as I where the difference between themes is minimal; because as you expressed yourself the theme is not the deciding factor in the use of a forum.
    And hence they may simple have no preference and use the default - as the question relates to use; i would expect that it would be answered as such.
    edited October 2011
    I think you need to drop your useless attempt to create an argument that does not exist by trying to split imaginary hairs with me and move on to another thread or discuss the OP of this thread. Consider this a verbal warning seeing as you don;t seem to be able to take a hint.
  • edited October 2011
    See this sort of stuff worries me because I %100 believed i was making a useful and insightful contribution to the thread. I think this is exactly the sort of space where a post rating system would come in useful because Im not looking for an argument here; im asserting a reasonable point and i dont think that i was overly aggressive or baiting anyone.

Maybe i didnt need to have the 'BAMMMMP' in my first post and i apologise - but I still was trying to contribute to the debate in the thread which is about 'use' vs 'prefer' because people are switching between then.
    I added my own reasoning to it and pointed out that theres a big different between 'use' and 'prefer' if you're going to be analysing the results of the poll to draw a conclusion.

And now I'm responding to this in what i think is a tactful way and i'll more than likely recieve a less thoughtful response in return complete with a line about losing my teeth.
    edited October 2011
    Right then, you could not leave it be and continue to derail this thread. I have discussed this with Dfg and have been given permission to do as I wish with this situation. I am going to be generous and move this mess to NIMF and give you one last chance. It is not about this post it is about your continued pattern of behavior over a course of time that has many users complaining about your penchant for picking petty shit just for the sake of creating arguments that serve no useful or informative purpose to the users of this community and are against the grain of what we are trying to move towards.

This is your last chance, either modify your behavior or you will be posting elsewhere.