Intel ARE CUNTS!

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I spent my whole fucking day looking for a fucking driver that would work with Windows 7. I just replaced my motherboard with 945GTP [I had 945GCM (yeah I know it's a downgrade but that mobo was fucked up)]

I used ALC888 chip from realtek and I have a custom made 5.1 system, now this motherfucker board [D945GTP/PLM] has a sigmatel sound card and since sigmatel is gone IDT has taken over and since Intel are cunts they stopped providing support for 900 Series when it comes to Windows 7.

So, what happened is, I got a fucking driver from Intel [2000.1 version] and it's fucking shit, I can't set 5.1 and all the other features don't work and since I can't use Front Ports, I am fucked.

The ALC888 was fucking awesome and realtek drivers are great but when you're faced with IDT and fucking Internet you have a better chance of killing yourself.

Anyway, I just installed drivers from Gateway computers, hopefully after restart it will work.

FUCK YOU INTEL AND IDT for not proving proper drivers for Windows 7. Greedy bastards.

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, it does suck. Not having driver support is beyond frustrating. It's a great scheme for them to get people to buy new gear, though.
  • edited July 2010
    You just mad at intel cause you dont have a new intel i7 980x hexacore cpu yet.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Thank god for AMD
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    This one should work for Windows 7 for the 900 series and the Sigmatel sound card, Dfg.

http://go.rapiddigger.com/rapidshare/aud-allxp-5682-pv-idt-v006-ias-exe-31428799/
    Thanks, I already fixed the issue using pure luck :D. I got my 5.1 working.

Fucking asshole Intel, I had to use Gateway drivers for Vista SP1 to get them working.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lucky for you their call/tech support is probably local if you want to get even.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Should've used Driver Genius and make a backup of all your drivers and them overlay them on Win7. Even though there most likely would've been a bit of bugs, it should've worked.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Should've used Driver Genius and make a backup of all your drivers and them overlay them on Win7. Even though there most likely would've been a bit of bugs, it should've worked.

Actually, I don't usually have problems with Drivers but I just got this motherboard and it has the same chipset [945] but the motherboard is from Intel [D945GTP] (old one was from MSI 945GML) and the audio driver doesn't work with Windows 7 and this motherboard is discontinued by Intel, meaning they won't be releasing any driver updates for Windows 7.

Meanwhile, other motherboard manufacturers still provide drivers. But those drivers don't work on this board. I had to mod/hack/tweak my way through it and finally after installing and reinstalling different drivers one just worked. Although it's not perfect and I do have some audio issues but my 5.1 system works and I am happy with that. This whole BS could have been avoided if Intel updated their crappy driver.

Btw I used DriverBackup to backup my current drivers just incase anything goes wrong.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

Also, I am having problems updating my BIOS. Hopefully, I will find a workaround.

Again, FUCK YOU INTEL AND IDT FOR PROVIDING CRAPPY DRIVERS/SUPPORT.

• DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Lol!

You tight!