Ipod Earphones

SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator-__-
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So i recently got an ipod touch. It's an acceptable device. I got one of the white ones with iOS5 prelaoded (still waiting for an untethered jailbreak).

I've got to say the headphones are a surprising piece of shit, for all the "detail" apple pays attention too.

The damned things are too big for my ears. I've always used bud shaped earpieces before.
Apple should have went with that. Maybe Jobs had big ears.

Anyway, a tangent, does anyone remember when totse.com first created the half-baked forum? It was probably a good indicator of the changing times. They shouldn't have done it. They should have put their foot down.

Comments

• MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited October 2011
    Get yourself a set of these:
    http://www.ortofon.jp/english/product/headphones/index.html

Best fucking earphones in the Japan. They go for around $250, but you'll never buy another pair after because. Or get the JVC Marshmallow with the model number ends in 35 not 33 with the humper on it. Not smooth. That's if you're budgeting.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited October 2011
    ^Those Marshmallow earphones are the way to go. They're bass-y and they block out noise. I always lose the marshmallow parts after a couple months though.
  • edited October 2011
    I've always hated the iPod headphones that they give you. They feel really uncomfortable, provide really shitty sound which is tinny and a lot of frequencies can't be heard well, if at all. I much prefer my in-ear buds which block out noise, have amazing bass response and just sound great in general.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Ipod headphones are absolutely awful, which is really surprising as they were always like that and you would have thought that Apple would have done something about it!!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    @OP's tangent, I have often thought the same thing and think perhaps now that we have put our foot down we should do away with HB or at least stipulate that is is for nonsense and not aggressive teenaged angst.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited November 2011
    As an avid buyer of $0.50 headphones, iPod headphones are a welcome change:D:rolleyes:

I do have a decent quality air of skullcandys though, and they rule. I only really use them for guitar playing though.