I scored a free lunch box

fagfag Regular
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So I pull up to a red light. I notice a little blue mini-cooler/lunch box laying a couple feet past the crosswalk. Like a ninja jew, I hop out of my car, approach the lunchbox, grab it, then return to my vehicle just as the light was turning green. I got somewhat astonished looks from the people stopped around me. It still has the stickers on it. There was no food or anything in it. I was hoping to find human organs. But yeah. It's totally gonna be an agar incubator for my mycology projects. :thumbsup:

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
140.jpg
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    Those things are awesome. Although i'm always surprised at how they work. It's just a big foam box, but it keeps things cold. :eek:
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    Those things are awesome. Although i'm always surprised at how they work. It's just a big foam box, but it keeps things cold. :eek:

9808937.jpg
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited October 2011

They also keep things warm.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    Thats an esky bro ... add ice and beer and your beer will be ice cold for quite a many hours.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    Or with the help of a small heater, will keep my cultures at a dandy 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited October 2011
    When ever I got trout / boat / mackerel fishing I take on, some ice packs and some salt. Always pays to keep things fresh. They can however, be used for loads of shit. I have used one for a tackle/set box with a strap on it, used one as a dirty parts for cleaning store when fixing my car / truck and I can sit on it while I work. They can be used with an airstone for transporting fish, keeping plants cold if you are transpanting them from one location to another, they can be used as a step to reach things, they are good for having on hand if you need to defrost a freezer so you can store your frozen goods in them, they are 'free' storage boxes when you are not using them for anything else, take a discerning woman on a picnic ( a decent one with courses, not just some ready eats from a supermarket) and store a fish course in the box kept ice cold. Maybe a bottle of something straw coloured. Knickers off. Use it as a mould to make concrete blocks a car cannot get past if you make enough of them. Use it as a semi waterproof store - as long as you do not put a lot of stuff in it, it will always want to float and not take on so much water. You could even use it as a tool box.

If you had enough space, I am also sure you could grow a 12 foot weed plant in it if you used it as a bubbler bucket.
  • fagfag Regular
    edited October 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    When ever I got trout / boat / mackerel fishing I take on, some ice packs and some salt. Always pays to keep things fresh. They can however, be used for loads of shit. I have used one for a tackle/set box with a strap on it, used one as a dirty parts for cleaning store when fixing my car / truck and I can sit on it while I work. They can be used with an airstone for transporting fish, keeping plants cold if you are transpanting them from one location to another, they can be used as a step to reach things, they are good for having on hand if you need to defrost a freezer so you can store your frozen goods in them, they are 'free' storage boxes when you are not using them for anything else, take a discerning woman on a picnic ( a decent one with courses, not just some ready eats from a supermarket) and store a fish course in the box kept ice cold. Maybe a bottle of something straw coloured. Knickers off. Use it as a mould to make concrete blocks a car cannot get past if you make enough of them. Use it as a semi waterproof store - as long as you do not put a lot of stuff in it, it will always want to float and not take on so much water. You could even use it as a tool box.

If you had enough space, I am also sure you could grow a 12 foot weed plant in it if you used it as a bubbler bucket.

haha! So true. My bigger one gets used all the time as a stepstool and seat. Really digging the concrete block idea though. I bet you could even mould the lid, so that you have a cool relief shape of some sort. Could be a stone pattern, even a giant face. Imagine a concrete wall made of different faces! Scary shit.