Trouble Logging in

DfgDfg Admin
edited November 2011 in Help and Suggestions
It seems the new VB4 patch borked some settings or whatever. I can't login using the default or nigger or totse theme. I suggest you use the VB Default theme for the time being OR avoid clearing your cache.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Was gonna say, I had to log in about 15 times, all to no avail a few hours back. Derp.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm using the &TPro theme and it's working alright, I haven't had any login issues at all. Also, you said that you couldn't log in using the default theme, then suggested we all use the default theme... Derp?
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    the site is acting strange on my end anyone else getting this? posts not showing up and the like
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    i think he was referring to the &TPro theme as the default
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I'm using the &TPro theme and it's working alright, I haven't had any login issues at all. Also, you said that you couldn't log in using the default theme, then suggested we all use the default theme... Derp?

The is the &Tpro theme which is set to display as the the default theme and then the is the VB Default theme which ships with VB.
    edited November 2011
    This patch has screwed up a lot of settings and shit. I have set it to display the VB Default theme and it keeps reverting back to the mobile theme. What's more when it reverts back new posts can't be seen even if I enter the threads.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Hmm, fucking assholes VB. Let me try a work around, I just came back from sitting in a park and writing an extensive list of what changes I have to make in the coming weeks.
    edited November 2011
    Also the whats new settings are broke. If you select whats new, look at a thread, and the reselect whats new it is as though you never visited the thread.
    edited November 2011
    OK here is another one. I just posted this post above, went back the the VB index page, selected whats new, ad came back to this thread. I did all of this running the VB Default theme. Until I switched themes the above post did not display. I have logged out, cleared all cookies manually and cleared cache.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Downgrading :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Downgraded
    edited November 2011
    The Whats New settings are still not right.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    &TPro theme works great for me, but then again I never log out.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    It's working fine for me now.
    edited November 2011
    I have cleaned all cookies, session info, cache, everything both in Firefox and CCleaner and it is still fucked up for me.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited November 2011
    Check now. Changed a setting.
    edited November 2011
    Mines stopped working now. it was fine 5 mins ago.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited November 2011
    Interesting. Try again now.
    edited November 2011
    It is still screwy hellish.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited November 2011
    Same issues? Even now? Yes chippy, you still wont work. I'm trying to figure out TDR, so the setting is different again.
    edited November 2011
    I didnt have issues before but I do now. New posts doesnt work at all
    edited November 2011
    Hellish wrote: »
    Same issues? Even now? Yes chippy, you still wont work. I'm trying to figure out TDR, so the setting is different again.

Yeah Hellish same problems, If you change themes it shows new posts but then it goes right back to the same screwy crap again after one cycle through the links.

Is there any way you can come into TS for instant feedback while you try to work through this?
    edited November 2011
    Now all I see in this thread is 16 posts. I have to refresh the page to get more recent posts
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited November 2011
    Hmm, you can feel free to keep testing and if it works, post. Otherwise, I'll keep digging.
    edited November 2011
    Still broke.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Woke up, hmmm I will fix it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Thought of a work around. Clear, cache and cookies and it will reset things. Then I will upgrade and I will revert to the other settings and that will keep things stable.
    edited November 2011
    I have tried that multiple times.
    edited November 2011
    Just did it again and it us still all screwy.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Removed themes (thanks to TDR). Uploading patch. Hopefully this will fix the issue.
    edited November 2011
    Things are still screwy bro. For example I got a PM. I checked the PM, read it, and even replied to it. But any time I go back to http://www.totse.info/bbs/ it still shows the PM notification at the top. Whats New is still not working properly either.

*EDIT* This post did not show up in Whats New, when looking at the main index of the board, or even when I entered the thread until I refreshed this page. So as far as I can see nothing has really changed.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    edited November 2011
    I couldn't log in this morning at all. every time I logged in it came up thanks for logging in and said it was redirecting. after redirecting it came up with the same page with user name and password blank and no new posts tab. I tried reload the page after the last log in attempt, and there I was logged in.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Okay, didn't have much sleeep, had a pretty disturbing day and night. Drinking tea and trying to end an ever growing queue of work. Will work on totse throughout the day and I am sure, I will find a cure for this stupid and retarded problem.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Deleted all styles, disabled all plugins. I think this is a plugin related issue. Still trying to figure this out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Still working at it.
    edited November 2011
    I'll be over at Totse2, give me a shout when it's fixed.

(jk)
  • edited November 2011
    Fuck this man, I'm going to TDD

Figured it out yet, Dfg? I'm digging the default style right now, for some reason.
    edited November 2011
    seems to be working ok now for me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Fuck this man, I'm going to TDD

Figured it out yet, Dfg? I'm digging the default style right now, for some reason.

Still doing some guess work. I am waiting for more feedback before trying things.
    edited November 2011
    new posts seems to be working after a fashion. It's been showing no new posts for a while, then when you posted it came up with your post in bold and 3 other posts from a while ago, not in bold.

Eta. after I made this post, new posts shows 4 posts, none in bold from the last hour.
    edited November 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Still doing some guess work. I am waiting for more feedback before trying things.

It is fucked up, blow it up, reinstall it, restore with the backup of the DB I know you made before patching, and we lose tow days posts instead of getting nowhere really and possibly coming to a dead end in two or three days and losing 4 or 5 days posts.
    edited November 2011
    cleared cookies. cache, session, and my left nostril...test
    edited November 2011
    Well I did not see this post when I came back to the thread.
    edited November 2011
    In fact I made two posts and did not see either one until I entered the thread and hit refresh.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    What the fuck, anyway setting you the local mirror to see what's wrong with things.