Operation Ladybug

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Ok so my room seems to get a load of these annoying little fuckers in. After months of sucking them up with a hoover, I thought I'd have some fun with them.

Tonight I managed to rack the number up to 3. Two reds and one black.
Three%20of%20the%20fuckers%20%28Medium%29.jpg

There they are. i thought one might be thirsty as he has been in the holding cell for 2 days now, so I added some spit and the 2 red ones got it on.
Get%20a%20room%20%28Medium%29.jpg

While the black one took interest in the little magic mushroom I placed in there last night...
Mushroom%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I am now calling it a night, so decided to put them into the Cryogenics container (known to us Humans as "that annoying frosted part of a fridge") on a piece of paper so they don't freeze their poor footsies off. I also put a bag of silica dessicant in there as they were literally slipping and sliding around in my spit, and I can't have them wasting valuable energy.
Cryogenics.jpg

Updates will be posted in the morning. If you have any ideas what i could do with them, please say. I experimented on one and found out that they don't mix well with bleach. Having my leftover syringes/needles from my meds proves to be quite a fun and sadistic tool. I am the Mengel of the Insect world.

Comments

• SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    try some lock-tight freeze it, to snap freeze them then warm them up and see if they live!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    This is inhumane! Oh wait, they're insects in that case, stick a light string under the bodies and try to attach a paper with a small message to it. Ladybugs aren't that powerful with flying, but it would be worth a shot. Apart from that, collecting them and dropping them in the WC would be a good idea. Especially around the toilet paper region. I am sure it will freak someone out.
    edited November 2011
    i use to tie a piece of cotton string to cicada and fly it like a kite!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Lol I used to freeze, tie up and defrost flies/bees. Good times. Will take them out later on. Someone had to bring up the inhumane part ;) half tempted to put messages on them and put them under housemates doors. They literally invade my room every damn day.
    edited November 2011
    Paint them with finger nail polish? I know, its a bit gay. people with buzz out over pink lady bugs though (no pun intended) lol!
    edited November 2011
    Decided to thaw them out this morning. I figured if they can survive the frozen wastes of my frosty fridge, then they are worthy of a good experiment.
    Defrost%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Am tempted to do the nail polish thing. it's just a case of buying some. If I could find cheap pink stuff that'd be awesome, or glow in the dark and set them loose in the kitchen at night ;)
  • edited November 2011
    How about a low dose of Raid? See how they're affected when they huff a small amount of the stuff.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    ^It will kill them but the glow in the night idea is epic.
    edited November 2011
    glow in the dark, me like
    edited November 2011
    There are 4 in the bag now :hai: gave them a leaf to munch on and they seem to like the silica bag.
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    You need to start some bullshit ghost story. start talking about weird glowing lights. Talk about it here and there for a few weeks. In the mean time catch as many as the fuckers as you can. Then figure out a way to paint them glow in the dark. Now you just have to figure out the perfect time to release your ghost hoard.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    Then release them into the wild and see the naturalists go wild over a new species.
    edited November 2011
    or release them at a nuclear power plant, THEN watch the naturalists go wild!
    edited November 2011
    LOL! I can imagine Counrtyfile on the BBC shitting a brick